Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Julian Shellhammer

Julian Shellhammer Practically Family

2. Julian Shellhammer

Julian Shellhammer Practically Family

Please pardon the mis-clicking in the reply menu. What I meant to say was that reading you were grilling buffalo sausages and having corn bread for breakfast made my heart beat faster. Do you cater, sir?

3. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

I am glad you like my food choices Julian. If you happen to the Mpls., St.Paul, MN area give me a yell and we can share a meal together.

Tonight I have been enjoying a Guinness Stout. For me it is a perfect beer for moments where you wish for a dependable tasty stout. Today was challenging and I did not want my beer this evening to challenge me also. It was an excellent choice that I am enjoying.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited: May 5, 2021
    Blare, johnnycanuck, Mm25 and 8 others like this.
  4. Snowman

Snowman One of the Regulars

15E71825-7981-42A7-845A-0AF405AAEB60.jpeg

5. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Follow up for Jack, and anyone who cares.
    I don’t normally drink to much sugar, but this does make a wonderfully smokey, margarita. I wouldn’t buy it to drink straight, which is my preferred method, but it’s not going to waste.
    Cheers,

6. dh66

dh66

P_20210505_172822_HDR.jpg

After a few days worth of torrential rain I'm enjoying a cold Negra Modelo in my front yard with a vintage Keith Brothers that's as green as the grass that needs cutting, thanks to the all the rain.

Blare, Mm25, Rumad and 9 others like this.
  7. Thanks Joe. I’m not big on sweet drinks or mixers either but every once in a while I grave a cold margarita OTR.

RBH likes this.
  8. dh66

dh66

20210506_182819.jpg

Dobbs and a Bitburger for the Thursday unwind.

Blare, Just A Hat Rack, steur and 6 others like this.
  9. The Shoe

The Shoe Practically Family

I’m a scotch drinker when it comes to whisky. I’ve never had much time for bourbon, but a little research suggested that this Buffalo Trace was a decent drop and at a decent price. I have to admit, it’s pretty good for the price. A bit of sweetness and a bit of bite. I drank it while singing out-of-tune karaoke at home in a Christy’s trilby. 9FAEF03D-ECA8-4ACA-AC13-7B763CDA0B68.jpeg A3A188A8-EB97-4068-9585-293A840A3064.jpeg 66C1ACE3-C156-4C1F-8D11-26AE3904FC35.jpeg

daizawaguy, Desert dog, Blare and 9 others like this.
  10. ^^^Great dramatic lighting for your pics!

The Shoe and Mm25 like this.
  11. Snowman

Buffalo Trace is one of my go-to bourbons. It has become difficult to get in my area due to the law of supply and demand.

12. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

Great pictures bro

The Shoe likes this.
  13. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Strat pin again. With a rye Manhattan.
    94E665EC-275A-4D50-B45B-83ABBFA92675.jpeg

14. Snowman

57EA4BE3-19C9-45FC-9A4A-ED3BD400612A.jpeg

Desert dog, Blare, Rumad and 6 others like this.
  15. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

If you like Buffalo Trace, I highly recommend Weller Special Reserve. It's made by the same company (Buffalo Trace), but has the same sweetness that is much smoother. It also comes in at the same price point. Both are hard to find where I live, but if given the choice I would go with Weller over Buffalo. It's a favorite of mine.

16. Some Ardbeg Oogie, a Resistol San An 5X, & some music.

A4A80E7D-95E0-438A-9B1E-2C0CB702B31E.jpeg Mm 25902DCF-59C0-42A5-98F0-D2B7A7F2254B.jpeg

17. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Desert dog, Rumad, Mm25 and 1 other person like this.
  18. That’s pretty good BB, & so is the Oogie. My playing, not so much.

wanted to ask any of the players on here if there is any good software or app to put the different parts in to? The only thing I have is GarageBand. Any good loupers that won’t break the bank?

Mm25 likes this.
  19. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Your pics are the "Cat's Meow." You make a dynamite case to try Buffalo Trace.

Oh boy, more selling of trying Buffalo Trace or Weller Reserve. I have not enjoyed the sweeter bourbons or whiskeys......yet. Excellent case to try the options.

That sounds and appears like an enjoyable time Jack. I have to get my guitars out of their cases.

Tonight no guitar for me. My body is sore and I am working the stiffness and trying to recover by strolling about. I have sipped 2 Surley IPA's in my "rehab." My stiffness is abating.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Desert dog, Blare, Snowman and 6 others like this.
  20. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

1E7C2B18-5831-4305-A613-504C85FAA518.jpeg Took the ol’ lady out for Indian food. Was nice to get out for a minute. VS whiskey was the hat of choice. Weihenstephaner wheat beer to wash the delicious food down. The beer was pretty tasty too.

Last edited: May 8, 2021