Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. El jefe, a Stetson One-Hundred was in the mood for a Tequila run earlier this afternoon. Picked up a bottle of Siete Leguas Blanco & a bottle of Pasote Reposado (they were out of stock on Blanco).

IMG_0628.jpg

IMG_0631.jpg

NBD! Pasote Tequilas are 100% blue agave grown on a single estate in Jalisco. Cooked in stone ovens & aged in Bourbon barrels the Reposado has only a slight bit of color change. I'm getting a nice medium blue agave taste, that earthy stone oven taste, vanilla & fresh ground black peppercorns. That's as far as my palate takes it for now. Some glycerin as evidenced by oily curtains on the glass.

IMG_0633.jpg

IMG_0634.jpg

IMG_0635.jpg

IMG_0636.jpg

IMG_0637.jpg

Mm25, Ross Young, BobHufford and 7 others like this.
  2. As Yogi once said, "It got late awful early" last night.

IMG_0664.jpg

Mm25, RBH, Short Balding Guy and 7 others like this.
  3. Desert dog

Desert dog My Mail is Forwarded Here

Fortunately there was a backup! 20210423_171709.jpg 20210423_172132.jpg

Mm25, RBH, Short Balding Guy and 9 others like this.
  4. Today was GC's tapping of their Cerveza de Barco Mexican Lager with $6 growler fills of all their microbrews. "Kiss me, I'm vaccinated", I had to go only intending to get a growler or two filled. After a sample I was hooked into staying.
    IMG_0691.jpg

IMG_0692.jpg

IMG_0693.jpg

IMG_0694.jpg

IMG_0695.jpg

IMG_0696.jpg

IMG_0698.jpg

It was so windy here I didn't wear a hat, but I did hit on one.

IMG_0697.jpg

I see some Tequila shooters with Mexican Lager back in my future.

Last edited: Apr 27, 2021
    Mm25, RBH, BobHufford and 7 others like this.
  5. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Love the quote. You have really been enjoying the Ardbeg.

Oh yes! Six P's. Prior Proper Planning Promotes Prodigious Performance. Well done.

You rock. Your adventures, post vaccination are reading like a real novel. I will eagerly tune in for the next chapter of Jack's Post-Vaccine Adventures. On a serious note - congrats and it looks tasty.

I traveled back from work shenanigans and got home today at 2:30am. A long day and I am home and bushed. I opened a Surley "at The End of The Internet." This double dry hopped hazy IPA is delicious. It is from a small brewed batch that my brother had finagled. He dropped a couple cans by end of last week when I was out traveling. I owe him. This is really good.

[​IMG]

After the beer and some freshly popped popcorn I am off to bed.

Cheers, Eric -

Mm25, RBH, BobHufford and 6 others like this.
  6. You're working too hard & too many hrs, Eric. Slow down & smell the roses. As Yogi once said, "The future ain’t what it used to be." if anything the pandemic just reinforced that.

7. After a meal of chicken tacos & Mexican rice it's time to open this growler of Cerveza de Barco Mexican Lager with my Peters Bros Shady Oak Mr. President LBJ Seventy-five.

When I popped the bail it was like a Champaigne fountain.

IMG_0704.jpg

IMG_0707.jpg

IMG_0708.jpg

IMG_0706.jpg

IMG_0702.jpg

Mm25, RBH, Just A Hat Rack and 7 others like this.
  8. Short Balding Guy

Jack you and my wife are on the same page. I admit I do need to take time to slow it down. But man it is hard to do it. My wife has made me promise to start to change after this competition cycle is completed. In particular I look forward to spending some significant time with my dog and acoustic guitars. Hey I might even have time to crack open some whiskey bottles that have not et been touched.

Dang, I have had that happen. Loosing the precious beer is my disappointment.

Tonight I am enjoying a warm 40'f evening sipping a Surley Mean Streets. "Featuring the Sultana hop varietal—a relatively new hop centering notes of pineapple, lemony citrus, and pine—Mean Streets is a gritty, groundbreaking twist on the “new school” IPA," is the Surley description. I agree. Tonight I taste the fruity notes up front and I am pleased with the strong hoppy finish. No tacky, sweet finish in the back of the throat. Just the flavor and dry finish - I do like it. I learned from Jeff (Bowlerman) about a session beer and this is not a session beer.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

9. It's the sign of a heavily nitrogenated beer, & to some extent a growler with a good lid that doesn't pass gas. I was surprised that this Lager was that nitrogenated.

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  10. Short Balding Guy

Big smile tonight while sipping a Deschutes Freshly Squeezed IPA. I have my ear bud in my ear (hidden) and have learned that my Mom has finally received her Covid vaccine shots. We finally can schedule an in person visit after more than a year. Sweet!

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Blare, RBH, Just A Hat Rack and 7 others like this.
  11. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Ready for the weekend. 3CDA5C50-ADDD-4546-A73F-F5D7932DB9CC.jpeg

Blare, RBH, Just A Hat Rack and 8 others like this.
  12. Hey Joe. Educate me a bit on Mezcal. I see it is being aged in casks now. I know little about it.

13. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Jack, I wish I could, but this is the first bottle I have ever purchased. This is smokey, with a burnt rubber taste. I saw one review call it a “celebratory tire fire”. I’ve wanted to try mezcal for a while, maybe more research before grabbing a clearance bottle would have helped. Lol. I’ll sip some more and let you know if anything changes.

14. Short Balding Guy

I am sipping an Founders All Day IPA will watching the stars this evening. My dog and I are really good at star gazing.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

15. While I was mowing grass today I came up with a brilliant idea!

IMG_4897.jpg

Actually instead of a beer I was craving an ice Cold margarita OTR. Plus I need to find a new Tex Mex place since my fav closed for good.

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0746.jpg

IMG_0747.jpg

A few margaritas led the way to my opening a new bottle of Siete Leguas Blanco once I got home. Pain be damned!

IMG_0750.jpg

IMG_0751.jpg

IMG_0752.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Wearing a nice tall Stetson 3X OR, the search will continue.

16. Snowman

Snowman One of the Regulars

9BA85A44-14DF-4F1F-AE74-01844BC23D44.jpeg

RBH, Just A Hat Rack, Mm25 and 5 others like this.
  17. Desert dog

18. Desert dog

I used to travel south of the border, to Rosarita Beach, I would usually purchase Mezcal. My favorite was Gusano Rojo. A peppery, herbal taste with some sweetness. It has been many years since I had it. 10288853.jpg 10288853.jpg

RBH, Mm25, Short Balding Guy and 2 others like this.
  19. Short Balding Guy

Good morning from Minnesota.

Yesterday was the first shorts day. I got home in the late afternoon to enjoy some 80'f outside time. I imbibed a Surley IPA and enjoyed some warm outside time.

[​IMG]

This morning started early with Brazilian coffee. I have been enjoying the recent single origin Brazilian from the Caribou Coffee retailer nearby.

[​IMG]

I just finished grilling buffalo suasages to go with corn bread and fried egg breakfast. I am sipping a Guinness Stout with my meal.

[​IMG]

Cheers to all this Sunday, Eric -

20. Tequila Tuesday still under a new BCD, with some Pasote Reposado.

IMG_0768.jpg

IMG_0770.jpg

IMG_0777.jpg

Blare, Mm25, Just A Hat Rack and 6 others like this.