Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Fresh Squeezed IPA is an easy hoppy IPA, IMO. A late Friday night treat is another way to describe it.

i-b2FmKrG-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Scooterz

Practically Family
I wondered about the Balcones too, because of the good ratings on their American Single Malt. I found these reviewed on WhiskeyWash, & Wood Hat Spirits scored the highest. You might want to read the review.

View attachment 323948
I do want to read it. I wondered where you were getting the ratings from. I lost control (ran out of beer while my bowl of Autumn Evening was still going) so I opened the Baby Blue. It's pretty good. I am sure I will get a better taste when I start the evening with it later in the week. It's different in a way I cannot really describe yet. I will definitely be looking for the Wood Hat Blue Corn to see if I can find it.

I do want to read it. I wondered where you were getting the ratings from. I lost control (ran out of beer while my bowl of Autumn Evening was still going) so I opened the Baby Blue. It's pretty good. I am sure I will get a better taste when I start the evening with it later in the week. It's different in a way I cannot really describe yet. I will definitely be looking for the Wood Hat Blue Corn to see if I can find it.
I was just looking around for another Blue Corn Whiskey to try. I really like the nutty flavor of Wood Hat's Aged Blue but didn't care for the clear un aged Blue Corn. It's too butter cream like. Too sweet & not nutty. I have tried the Red, White & Blue but it's a blend, & the Double Wood. I would like to try the Bloody Butcher Red Corn Whiskey but at the price point I won't buy it without buying it by the drink first.

Two events on this day in history, April 6th, deserve your best Scotch Whisky. Today is the 701st anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 when the Scots wrote to Pope John XXII & England's King Edward II, declaring the kingdom of Scotland to be independent from the kingdom of England as a sovereign state & establishing her right to use military force if attacked unjustly. Often referred to by the Scots today as the "FU letter", not a shot was fired.

Also on this date in 1862 was the first day of the two day Battle of Shiloh (TN) which resulted in 23,700 casualties, many Scots-Irish among them. If you know anything about those two days you can't help but feel it in your chest when you step onto the battlefield. I will be raising a toast to honor all those brave boys & men.

Two events on this day in history, April 6th, deserve your best Scotch Whisky. Today is the 701st anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 when the Scots wrote to Pope John XXII & England's King Edward II, declaring the kingdom of Scotland to be independent from the kingdom of England as a sovereign state & establishing her right to use military force if attacked unjustly. Often referred to by the Scots today as the "FU letter", not a shot was fired.

Also on this date in 1862 was the first day of the two day Battle of Shiloh (TN) which resulted in 23,700 casualties, many Scots-Irish among them. If you know anything about those two days you can't help but feel it in your chest when you step onto the battlefield. I will be raising a toast to honor all those brave boys & men.
April 6, Tartan day in honor of the DoA. I didn't wear my kilt but I did wear a plaid shirt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112