Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Ross, what would you say the crown height is on the POR?

Blare likes this.
  2. Ross Young

Ross Young Practically Family

Looks like somewhere between 5” or 5 1/4, I’ll add a few more shots to the OR Guild today.

Hurricane Jack, Blare and Desert dog like this.
  3. Just A Hat Rack

Just A Hat Rack Practically Family

Desert dog and Snowman like this.
  4. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Fresh Squeezed IPA is an easy hoppy IPA, IMO. A late Friday night treat is another way to describe it.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Ross Young, dh66, Bamaboots and 6 others like this.
  5. Derby & a dead soldier.

IMG_4500.JPG

IMG_4501.JPG

IMG_4503.JPG

IMG_4502.JPG

6. Scooterz

Scooterz Practically Family

7. Scooterz

IMG_20210403_190159834-01.jpeg

OR and Cigar City Maduro. A very good Brown Ale.

8. I wondered about the Balcones too, because of the good ratings on their American Single Malt. I found these reviewed on WhiskeyWash, & Wood Hat Spirits scored the highest. You might want to read the review.

IMG_4453.jpg

9. Scooterz

I do want to read it. I wondered where you were getting the ratings from. I lost control (ran out of beer while my bowl of Autumn Evening was still going) so I opened the Baby Blue. It's pretty good. I am sure I will get a better taste when I start the evening with it later in the week. It's different in a way I cannot really describe yet. I will definitely be looking for the Wood Hat Blue Corn to see if I can find it.

10. I was just looking around for another Blue Corn Whiskey to try. I really like the nutty flavor of Wood Hat's Aged Blue but didn't care for the clear un aged Blue Corn. It's too butter cream like. Too sweet & not nutty. I have tried the Red, White & Blue but it's a blend, & the Double Wood. I would like to try the Bloody Butcher Red Corn Whiskey but at the price point I won't buy it without buying it by the drink first.

11. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Brunch on the grill finds me sipping a Guinness before 10:00am.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

12. Enjoying some Ardbeg Wee Beastie while waiting on the charcoal to get ready to grill a ribeye steak & fresh veggies in a wok. Peaty Islay Single Malt Scotch Whisky always goes great with charcoal grilled beef.

IMG_0485.jpg

IMG_0486.jpg

IMG_0488.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

13. dh66

dh66

20210405_190155.jpg
    Had to break out the warm weather gear this afternoon. Shade provided by Resistol.

The Shoe, Blare, Mm25 and 9 others like this.
  14. Two events on this day in history, April 6th, deserve your best Scotch Whisky. Today is the 701st anniversary of the Declaration of Arbroath in 1320 when the Scots wrote to Pope John XXII & England's King Edward II, declaring the kingdom of Scotland to be independent from the kingdom of England as a sovereign state & establishing her right to use military force if attacked unjustly. Often referred to by the Scots today as the "FU letter", not a shot was fired.

Also on this date in 1862 was the first day of the two day Battle of Shiloh (TN) which resulted in 23,700 casualties, many Scots-Irish among them. If you know anything about those two days you can't help but feel it in your chest when you step onto the battlefield. I will be raising a toast to honor all those brave boys & men.

15. April 6, Tartan day in honor of the DoA. I didn't wear my kilt but I did wear a plaid shirt.

16. It's so windy here you could get arrested for open carry.

And now how about some William Lee Golden from the Shiloh 150th.

17. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Canadian 7X CB and Ardbeg Uigeadail join me while I do contemplative work on some boots.
    27A955D6-BDD6-4190-AA84-215BD6AB7DAA.jpeg

18. Looks like a nice day outdoors, BB. Too windy here with thunderstorms inbound. Enjoy the Oogie, I'll be drinking the Cory.

Desert dog, Blare and Bamaboots like this.
  19. Bamaboots

Bamaboots

Thanks, HJ. Still haven’t found the Cory around here but the Oogie is becoming a favorite. Liquor home delivery bill is on the Governor’s desk. Last clear day for awhile. Storms move in overnight.

Desert dog and Hurricane Jack like this.
  20. Nice. I like the guitarists hat.