Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

An after lunch double shot of Rebel Yell Bourbon & some tobacco with my Peters Bros Shady Oak Bankers Special 7X Seventy-five.

IMG_1495.jpg

IMG_1496.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

Desert dog

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Pretty pour DD. I don't think I could find that IPA around here; don't recall ever seeing it. Nice Bailey Panama too. You must have reworked it.

Tonight was a special on tacos & cheap margaritas. Burned out on beer, I couldn't resist. So I grabbed my Knox American Royal & went.

View attachment 342789

View attachment 342790
The Knox and Margarita both look good. I have been a little tired of the Citra hopped, hazy IPAs.

The Knox and Margarita both look good. I have been a little tired of the Citra hopped, hazy IPAs.
Got to drink some beer in the summer but it doesn't take me long to want to go back to good whisky. Currently out of Tequila at home & needing to make a shopping trip.

PS: I'll post these here on the Knox 'cause I know you don't find it "boring".

IMG_1088.jpg

IMG_1090.jpg

IMG_1091.jpg

IMG_1083.jpg

Last edited:
Tom Gomez semi-colado and the Chill Pils from local brewery, Straight To Ale. If that catchy can art doesn’t give it away the name leaves no doubt this is a Pilsner, the worlds most popular style. Seems every micro brewery has one or produces one seasonally.

Typical of the style, not much on the nose, maybe some tartness I can’t identify but not much else. I expect a Pilsner to have a clean taste, refreshing and something to reach for in hot weather. This has a heavier mouth feel than I expected from a Pilsner and slightly bitter up front with a lingering, light malty aftertaste. A little more going on than I would expect from the style. Altogether not a terrible beer and if I go to Straight To Ale again, it’s their only offering I would consider but I won’t look to purchase another six pack. This is the same outfit that brews Monkeynaut, the beer Miss Baker does not wish to be associated with. Nasty stuff.
0B4B93C7-E38B-4651-84ED-B556E418E22B.jpeg

Last edited:
Tom Gomez semi-colado and the Chill Pils from local brewery, Straight To Ale. If that catchy can art doesn’t give it away the name leaves no doubt this is a Pilsner the worlds most popular style. Seems every micro brewery has one or produces one seasonally.

Typical of the style, not much on the nose, maybe some tartness I can’t identify but not much else. I expect a Pilsner to have a clean taste, refreshing and something to reach for in hot weather. This has a heavier mouth feel than I expected from a Pilsner and slightly bitter up front with a lingering, light malty aftertaste. A little more going on than I would expect from the style. Altogether not a terrible beer and if I go to Straight To Ale again, it’s their only offering I would consider but I won’t look to purchase another six pack. This is the same outfit that brews Monkeynaut, the beer Miss Baker does not wish to be associated with. Nasty stuff.
View attachment 342917
Alabama Boss would probably agree!

Tom Gomez semi-colado and the Chill Pils from local brewery, Straight To Ale. If that catchy can art doesn’t give it away the name leaves no doubt this is a Pilsner, the worlds most popular style. Seems every micro brewery has one or produces one seasonally.

View attachment 342917
God rest Miss Baker, I gotta lay credit where it's due.... the art on a can of Monkeynaut more accurately reflects what you're going to experience when you drink it than anything else on the market.

Visiting a friend in SC who works for a Jack distributor. Walked in and saw some of his collection. What caught my eye immediately was the Eric Church bottle. He was the favorite of my brother in law who passed recently and according to my friend one of the few to make it on to a JD bottle. We did not drink that one… but we were sipping the 125th Anniversary Red Dog Saloon sour mash

8DFF40F0-CEA9-48CA-84C4-B64CE0702446.jpeg
C6406BA1-060E-4254-A3AC-3F9901E52C18.jpeg
A9F824C0-3602-4228-9D10-FA0AAFD9983D.jpeg
F270A234-7FC0-406B-A552-FCC437096CA2.jpeg
96C81A3B-C0CA-4B33-8386-194420BE37AD.jpeg
BB54F4A7-37F4-4D22-BB8C-6285584A9B02.jpeg

Mm25

One Too Many
Visiting a friend in SC who works for a Jack distributor. Walked in and saw some of his collection. What caught my eye immediately was the Eric Church bottle. He was the favorite of my brother in law who passed recently and according to my friend one of the few to make it on to a JD bottle. We did not drink that one… but we were sipping the 125th Anniversary Red Dog Saloon sour mash

View attachment 343023 View attachment 343024 View attachment 343025 View attachment 343026 View attachment 343027 View attachment 343028
Wow. Just Wow.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Long week here at my house. A bit later I am heading over to watch the US Gymnastics Olympic Trials with a couple of coaches, parents and gymnasts.

Earlier in the week a Surley Pilsner was a treat.

i-LTnw7kG-M.jpg

The pilsner was good but not flavorful enough during our glorious cool evening. A Guinness met and exceeded my desire.

i-x6FTZrC-M.jpg

Home yesterday meant I could actually fix a meal and sit down at the table. A luxury that I appreciate. Phò Hài Sàn (seafood Pho soup) and Com Chiên Tôm (fried rice with shrimp). The Pho broth had been in a stock pot all day. Excellent meal without making me feel full. It beats coffee, energy bars and apple sauce (squeeze packets) which are my work food. A Surley Pilsner beer and ice water was the perfect pairing.

i-W9LnZQ7-M.jpg

I was waiting for my wife to get ready to head out for the evening and sipped a beer from a recent assortment that Omni Beer delivered earlier in the week. A Mango sour melt was my choice to pretend that I am patiently waiting. Interesting beer. The warm weather makes the sour fruit taste excellent. I will provide feedback to the brewery that less vanilla been and malt sugars would improve the aftertaste.

i-Vk4NhZ5-M.jpg

This morning I grilled some walleye and romaine lettuce heads. I sampled the Omni
Raspberry and Passion fruit melt with breakfast. Excellent tart finish. Feedback to the brewer on this beer will be similar as the Mango - less vanilla and malt sugars.

i-H396bNB-M.jpg

Cheers folks. Best, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Post dog soirée I headed outside with a Founders All Day IPA.

i-c3MWp3p-M.jpg

A breakfast of fruit and yogurt with a glass of Omni Raseberry / Passion fruit melt beer. Tart finish was fun with the fruit breakfast.

i-k9kzQPL-M.jpg

Man can not drink only foo-foo beers. I opt'd for a Guinness after weeding and mulching tomato plants. I mulched in order to prevent my "To Do List" to have weed the tomato plants on it all the time. A Stout beer was a perfect taste.

i-tKq5wJn-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
Long week here at my house. A bit later I am heading over to watch the US Gymnastics Olympic Trials with a couple of coaches, parents and gymnasts.

Earlier in the week a Surley Pilsner was a treat.

i-LTnw7kG-M.jpg

The pilsner was good but not flavorful enough during our glorious cool evening. A Guinness met and exceeded my desire.

i-x6FTZrC-M.jpg

Home yesterday meant I could actually fix a meal and sit down at the table. A luxury that I appreciate. Phò Hài Sàn (seafood Pho soup) and Com Chiên Tôm (fried rice with shrimp). The Pho broth had been in a stock pot all day. Excellent meal without making me feel full. It beats coffee, energy bars and apple sauce (squeeze packets) which are my work food. A Surley Pilsner beer and ice water was the perfect pairing.

i-W9LnZQ7-M.jpg

I was waiting for my wife to get ready to head out for the evening and sipped a beer from a recent assortment that Omni Beer delivered earlier in the week. A Mango sour melt was my choice to pretend that I am patiently waiting. Interesting beer. The warm weather makes the sour fruit taste excellent. I will provide feedback to the brewery that less vanilla been and malt sugars would improve the aftertaste.

i-Vk4NhZ5-M.jpg

This morning I grilled some walleye and romaine lettuce heads. I sampled the Omni
Raspberry and Passion fruit melt with breakfast. Excellent tart finish. Feedback to the brewer on this beer will be similar as the Mango - less vanilla and malt sugars.

i-H396bNB-M.jpg

Cheers folks. Best, Eric -
Kia ora.
I wish your competitors and all other Olympians (especially those from NZ) well, but like most people here in Japan, I would prefer that they weren’t going ahead. COVID numbers are on the increase again here with the Delta (and now Delta plus) variant becoming more prominent. The medical sector is under huge pressure already. Japan has been incredibly slow with vaccinations and with the Olympics still almost a month away, the Olympic bubble has already had its first failure.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran