Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Discussion in 'Hats' started by Alive'n'Amplified, Mar 6, 2013.

1. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Whiskey cake (not for me ☹️) my wife made. There’s a Stetson cap in the back of one photo. Lol
    72520F50-3E15-47DF-AA5B-4141C9B9BFD3.jpeg 8D751C1F-67B3-4958-8857-47DF980F40E1.jpeg

2. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

KBS is one of my favorite stouts. I have a Cinnamon Vanilla Cocoa KBS that I am saving for the right evening. Pliny the Elder is truly a grail beer! I have been fortunate to have one (only one) as they are not available in my area.

Scooterz, Blare and Short Balding Guy like this.
  3. dh66

dh66

Hurricane Jack, Blare and Mm25 like this.
  4. Short Balding Guy

Short Balding Guy I'll Lock Up

Cheers. On Wednesday evening I picked up our order at the local liquior store. In the box, ordered by my wife was some canned cider. Duluth Cider had a dozen offerings on-line through the store. We aquired the Strawberry Basil apple cider (6% abv). I like the cider as it was not sweet and yet tasted of the fruit and basil. It would not have been the offering I would have picked, but it opened my tastes to the unique cider options of local brewers.

[​IMG]

Last evening I truly enjoyed a Founders Breakfast Stout on my cold walkabout.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Snowman, Scooterz, Rumad and 6 others like this.
  5. Short Balding Guy

I made an effort to get up at 1:10pm this morning and again at 2:30am to see the lunar eclipse and grab a couple of pics. It was the longest lunar eclipse in 580 years. I celebrated the eclipse in the cold dark morning sipping a Surley pilsner.

[​IMG]

Tonight I am enjoying a Founders Porter.

[​IMG]

Tonight the moon is full and to my mind appears ominous. Post Porter, I poured myself a short dram of Kilchoman Sanaig. A great sipping whiskey for a cool evening watching the sky.

[​IMG]

This is a bourbon and sherry cask whiskey that is bright. Punchy but not overwhelming on the peat and pepper. I do not smell or taste any medicinal peat consequences. At 46% ABV it is punchy but very approachable. Long after the sip the peat taste lingers in your mouth.

[​IMG]

No desert whiskey, but a good walkabout whiskey.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  6. Blare

Blare I'll Lock Up

Very cool.

I too attempted to awaken by 1PM ;):cool:

Short Balding Guy likes this.
  7. Short Balding Guy

Saturday evening after a dinner of Com Chien Tom (fried rice with seafood) and some Pho Hai San (rice noodle and seafood soup) and a pilsner beer (Surley Brewing Co.).

[​IMG]

Late evening hijynks sipping a Founders KBS.

[​IMG]

Cider for Sunday breakfast. I am trying Wild State Raspberry Hibiscus cider this morning. This offering is pleasantly tart and tastes of the fruit and only a hint of the hibiscus tea. This is a version that works for Sunday breakfast of buffalo sausage, potatoes and cabbage.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Mm25, Snowman, Scooterz and 7 others like this.
  8. Short Balding Guy

The yard is clean of leaves, the winds died down and the cool temps made a fire possible last evening. A small dram of Aberlour Casg Annamh was a delight to sip.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited: Nov 22, 2021 at 3:11 PM
  9. Scooterz

Scooterz Practically Family

I once made it to the Russian River Brewing Co. in Santa Rosa, CA. Wonderful place. You get on a list to get on the wait list (at least it was that way a few years ago). Once on the wait list you can wait in the bar and wiggle thru the bodies to the bar to try to get some beer. Good pizza and great wings. Loved the Pliny the Elder. I want to go back.

10. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

01F5C048-F89B-4EE7-99FC-200D2E40ED1E.jpeg
    Akubra Fed IV with a Chocolate Lava Cake Stout from State of Brewing, Wisconsin. This brew holds up well after a night out with some of the finest local stouts, and it is truly evocative of its namesake.

Scooterz, Mm25, RBH and 5 others like this.
  11. Short Balding Guy

Sounds like a tasty dessert beer. Next visit to Wisconsin I will have to check for the beer.

Last night a Surley Pilsner was a relaxing sip during my walkabout.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

Scooterz, Mm25, Snowman and 4 others like this.
  12. Snowman

Snowman A-List Customer

Eric, surprisingly, this was an amazing Aldi find in North Carolina!

Blare and Short Balding Guy like this.
  13. Short Balding Guy

Dangerous Man Brewing Sumac Psuedo Lager was my choice for last nights walkabout. "This beer was brewed with local clover honey & conditioned on Spanish Cedar wood. The end result is a sumac tea like experience with bright tart berry notes, hints of grapefruit, honey, & light cedar."

A tasty lighter evening beer that was refreshing. I will have to drink this again.

[​IMG]

Cheers, Eric -

BobHufford, Scooterz, Mm25 and 3 others like this.
  14. Great hat & drink!

Snowman and Blare like this.
  15. Beautiful & fantastic work! My compliments to your wife, Joe. Can she do a cake to look like a case of Ardbeg or Lagavulin 16, & does she ship?

Mm25, Blare and Bamaboots like this.
  16. Happy Thanksgiving eve...a day I'm sure the pilgrims intended for day drinkin'.

I bought this bottle of Balvenie Single Barrel Sherry Cask aged 15 yrs in a heavily toasted European oak Oloroso Sherry butt last yr. Part of the Rare Craft Collection each butt only produced 800 bottles. At ~96 proof this Sherry cordial bomb with a warming aftertaste is meant to be a winter holiday season treat. I've had about a half bottle tubed & shelved away since last Dec.

A dark day called for a black hat & my BCD got the call from the bull pen.

IMG_3051.jpg

IMG_3053.jpg

IMG_3052.jpg

Short Balding Guy, Mm25, RBH and 5 others like this.
  17. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

Good to see you around HJ. Hope you have a great thanksgiving.

RBH, Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.
  18. You too Alan. Don't let the Tryptophan put you to sleep!

Blare and Rumad like this.
  19. Rumad

Rumad One Too Many

I only do a bite or so of the turkey, to be polite. I’m all about the lasagna and Sunday gravy. :D

Hurricane Jack and Blare like this.
  20. Mm25

Mm25 Practically Family

Jack, thank you. She really can make about anything, she’s so talented. Unfortunately, she does not ship.
    I seem to recall you were going to a whiskey tasting in November, has it happened yet? Or did I miss the report?
    Best wishes,
    Joe

Blare and Hurricane Jack like this.