Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

The Shoe

One Too Many
Went to do some grocery shopping yesterday and came home with a couple of cans of Yahho Brewing‘s latest seasonal offering, Joker session IPA. It was fruity up front, with a pleasing bitterness at the end. Nice, but I prefer their regular Aooni (Blue Demon) IPA, which packs a bit more of a punch.
My hat was my Hornskov Mogul.
IMG_2052.jpeg
IMG_2049.jpeg

HH spent under a Worth - Walden with a few Yuengling Traditional Lagers & a couple of Yuengling Hershey Chocolate Porters. The Porters were like a cross between a flat Root beer & chocolate cake batter. 4.7% ABV. Definitely a desert beer. Might be better as a Stout. Would still like to try a Yuengling Black & Tan.

IMG_4387.jpeg

IMG_9044.jpeg

IMG_9046.jpeg

IMG_9047.jpeg

IMG_9045.jpeg

IMG_4386.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home this evening I enjoyed a Surley pilsner. After a busy day and evening this tasty beer hit the spot.

After a bite to eat I poured a dram of Yamazaki 12. This Japanese whiskey bottle is several years old. In the past I finished one bottle and had purchased another after getting a terrific price. My memories and this evenings experience matched up. The fruity balanced tasty is delightful. The lower ABV makes it easily approached. The fruity, oak and spice are light and complex. I can not but think at a higher proof this whiskey would rock me. It demands I focus and work the complexity on my tongue and my mind to realize the nuances. Rich and complex I would buy it again. Buy it for >$200/bottle - no. Buy it for the <$100/bottle I picked it up for - yes. In my neighborhood the high price has me considering bunches of options.

i-WqXgzQm-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

It was raining during HH so I wore my BCD for Tequila Thursday, with a few doubles of Tesoro Maya Repo Tequila backed by Negra Modelo.

IMG_9053.jpeg

IMG_9054.jpeg

IMG_9052.jpeg

Around here it’s tradition that if you kill a bottle you get to keep it. I killed this clay bottle of Tesoro Maya but I could tell one of the kitchen employees really wanted it, so I had the owner of the establishment give it to him.

IMG_9055.jpeg

IMG_9056.jpeg

Buy it for >$200/bottle - no. Buy it for the <$100/bottle I picked it up for - yes. In my neighborhood the high price has me considering bunches of options.
Around here Yamazaki 12 can still be had for $150 but never goes on sale for less. In my bi-monthly order I pick up tomorrow I have ordered a bottle of The Shin 10 yr old to get me started. Scores very high. About half the price of the Yamazaki.

Attachments

• IMG_4411.jpeg
    IMG_4411.jpeg
    543.2 KB · Views: 19

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Around here Yamazaki 12 can still be had for $150 but never goes on sale for less. In my bi-monthly order I pick up tomorrow I have ordered a bottle of The Shin 10 yr old to get me started. Scores very high. About half the price of the Yamazaki.

Jack; I was v e r y fortunate that my local liquor store owner gave me a real deal on the bottle at an old price. I will read up on The Shin 10. I did enjoy the Suntory Hibinki I picked up a few years ago. I believe I still have some left. Your post has me considering it to be the next evening walkabout dram.

Today my hyjinks took me downtown. A meeting and then some training was on the agenda. Afterwards a few coworkers and I enjoyed Number 12 Cider, Storm King Brewpub and Barbecue and then Inbound Brew Co. All three brewers are within a couple blocks of each other in downtown Minneapolis. Number 12 Cider gave me the opportunity to sample a dry flight of ales. It was a grand opportunity to discover I prefer Anejo Cider. The Anejo Cider was a combo of Johnathan, Ida Red and Northern apples that were tequila barrel aged. The blue agave and lime vest tasting apple cider was my fav. Hands down a terrific cider. After the flight sample I imbibed a glass. Delicious. At Storm King I really enjoyed a Bi-Frost Bridge Imperial Ale. It was a raspberry sour Imperial IPA. I would have this again in a heartbeat. It did pair up well with the brisket. The brisket was dynamite.

i-4XRMhb4-M.jpg

All in all the post meeting and training was oodles of fun. Rarely do we have an opportunity to enjoy an evening out together. It was a real treat.

Cheers, Eric. -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff