Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

I think I combined two in my head…. The Mint Chocolate was a Guinness Brewery specialty. But the Oreo Cookies and Cream was in fact Boulevard. They called it “Stuff of Legend”

View attachment 554984 View attachment 554985
That’s a new one on me then. Here’s the seasonal chocolate. Great if you’re only going to have one or two; a desert beer for sure. 8.7% ABV. At one time it was so popular that sales were rationed.

IMG_4006.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Cheers folks!

Tonight I came home and sipped a Surley pilsner (Supreme) and have just poured an Aberlour Casg Annamh. The cool weather has me sitting outside and enjoying this whiskey. Tasty. Just tasty this evening. The sherry cask brewing gives the immediate taste of sherry, figs and brown sugar. It fades quickly to a dark chocolate flavor. I have read reviews where others do not enjoy the quick fade of the taste of this whiskey. I enjoy the quick fade. I have a bottle of the 12 year old Arberlour and prefer the Annamh. The stronger dark fruit taste is what I enjoy in this Speyside Scottish whiskey.

i-RgSMjr3-M.jpg

I included a pic (lower right) from earlier this week sipping an Indeed Brewing Co. Lucy Session Sour IPA. A hazy, small amount of head when poured, and the passion fruit added during brewing added and did not overpower the beer. A grand beer that I would buy again.

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
TGIFHH started out with a few friends & a couple Sammy Smith Nut Brown Ales (bar was crowded even for a Fri night). I was in the mood to finish up with a Stout & had to settle for a Founders Bourbon Barrel Aged Chocolate Coffee Stout. Then home for a couple doubles of Kenny Chesney’s Blue Chair Bay Mocha Creme Rum under my black Stetson BRE Fray.

IMG_8802.jpeg

IMG_8805.jpeg

IMG_8806.jpeg

IMG_8807.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I am deliberately NOT thinking hard and selecting a "fancy-dancy" IPA and swaggering about sipping it and extolling about the taste. I chose a Guinness Stout. I am physically weary and mentally too weary to choose a beer. Taste, quality and limited hype = a Guinness Stout.

i-PPVLz8J-M.jpg

I am through lambasting IPA's for tonight. It felt good.

Cheers, Eric. -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Yesterday evening I enjoyed the Irish whiskey Redbreast 12. This single pot stilled whiskey is still a fav of mine. The malty, fruity, honey and vanilla tastes stand tall above the alcohol. I enjoy this easy to sip whiskey.

i-wpbPFCr-M.jpg

After morning coffee (Volcanica Costa Rica french press) I prepped the grill sipping a Voodoo Ranger.

Cheers, Eric. -

Yesterday evening I ground some fresh coffee beans & set up a cold brew coffee dripper overnight. Today started early with pregame coverage at 6AM central time of the KC Chiefs hosting (& defeating) the Miami Dolphins in Frankfurt, Germany. My drink for the game was cold brew coffee with a couple shots of Mocha Crème Rum. My hat for the game was an OR.

IMG_8827.jpeg

IMG_8826.jpeg

Recently had a Delirium Tremens Strong Belgium Ale from Huyghe Brewing. Strong on the alcohol taste with an ABV @ 8.5%. Baking spice & malt. A dry aftertaste but not astringent or bitter. I would say very satisfying overall. Served in a special glass. Note the elephant trunk stem.

IMG_8865.jpeg

IMG_8867.jpeg

IMG_8866.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Looking for ways to use up all of our limes, we bought a bottle of tequila (as you do). Well, several Margaritas later, the tequila is almost gone and we’re still getting loads of limes. So when it came time to purchase another bottle, I decided to take @Hurricane Jack’s advice from a while back and try a Blanco. Between margaritas, I did a quick taste comparison. I’m no tequila expert, but I’d guess these are mid range.
I went for the Blanco first…
IMG_1061.jpeg

and followed it with the Reposado.
IMG_1062.jpeg

I was surprised to find that I preferred the tongue tingle that the Blanco gave me.
Feeling guilty for having a hatless day, I’m donning my Dobbs Homburg (in my PJs) to cap off the evening with a Bunnahabhain Eirigh Na Greine.
IMG_1089.jpeg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoEllis