Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

StoryPNW

One Too Many
It's that special time of year, fresh hop season. Tonight I have a Hopworks Brewing Abominable Fresh Hop India Red Ale. It's not quite as hoppy as a traditional IPA the IRA is more malty but still carries a very nice hop flavor.
20231004_181358.jpg
Screenshot_20231004_190708_Google.jpg

Sterkowski Malone newsboy cap with a local IPA and a crock of chili View attachment 551002 View attachment 551003
Tis the season for chili & I had a bowl of spicy Texas All Meat Chili + cheese last wk myself. I would have added jalapeños but all they had were pickled. The chili cookers from Terlingua would have been proud.

IMG_8438.jpeg

No Lone Star Beer so I had to settle for a few PBR’s.

IMG_8437.jpeg

I was the only one there under a Stetson One-Hundred wearing some vintage B&L Ray-Ban Shooters. The boys from Lukenbach were smiling!

IMG_8439.jpeg

A new premium & rare whiskey lounge has opened here, a chance to experIence some premium whiskies some not commonly available here. A few from the list that caught my eye deserving further research before I go:

Kavalan King Car Conductor Taiwanese Whiskey

Nikka Yoichi Japanese Whiskey
Nikka Coffey Malt Whiskey
Nikka Coffey Grain Whiskey
Nikka From the Barrel Japanese Whiskey

Jefferson’s Ocean Voyage 28 yr Bourbon

Midleton Rare Vintage Irish Whiskey
Keeper’s Heart 10 year Irish Whiskey

WhistlePig 10 yr Rye
WhistlePig 12 yr Rye
Jefferson’s Ocean Rye

My BSHW blue heather & a pour from Huyghe Brewery @ 8.5% ABV (forgot the name).

IMG_6573.jpeg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Barbecue time yesterday.
IMG_0922.jpeg

Our lime tree has produced a ton of fruit this year and we’ve been struggling to use all the fruit. A friend brought some Coronas over, so that saw us get through a some of the limes. Fortunately, Etsuko used to be a bartender, so we grabbed a bottle of tequila, and Margaritas were on the menu. The hat was my regular barbecue hat - my Akubra Cattleman.
IMG_0923.jpeg
IMG_0924.jpeg

Today, a New Zealand Chardonnay to celebrate our epic rugby World Cup quarterfinal victory over the top ranked Irish team…
IMG_1738.jpeg

…and an Irish whiskey and a bowler to commiserate with our vanquished opponents. They are a heck of a gold team. We deserved our win, but they didn’t deserve to lose.
IMG_0926.jpeg

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
@The Shoe Gary, this is the back label for the Nikka Yoichi (Yo - ee - chee?) listed above, the only true single malt of the list. Does the label say anything other than normal label propaganda?

View attachment 552513
The first half is about Hokkaido, its water quality & how the climate is ideal for whisky making. The second half is about the flavours - the balance between the soft sweetness of the cask matured malt and the fruity aromas, the strong peat and the lingering smokiness and sweetness of the oak.
So yeah, just the normal stuff.

The first half is about Hokkaido, its water quality & how the climate is ideal for whisky making. The second half is about the flavours - the balance between the soft sweetness of the cask matured malt and the fruity aromas, the strong peat and the lingering smokiness and sweetness of the oak.
So yeah, just the normal stuff.
Thanks. I read about Hokkaido being in the cold north. And I read reviews about this malt being like a cross between a smoky Islay & a fruity Speyside Scotch. Even though I can’t buy a bottle here I’m looking forward to trying some shots.

Tonight’s special being offered was fried ice cream so I had a few vanilla creme rum doubles to go with it. All under a chocolate brown Gannon TAR in 100X.

IMG_8617.jpeg

IMG_8618.jpeg

IMG_8604.jpeg

IMG_8601.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
girlmom