Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
My beverage last night was a Surley Supreme. I am enjoying the cool evenings.

i-bVRmkXX-S.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Logic Bomb definition - Logic bombs are intentionally hidden within legitimate software or systems by a malicious insider or external threat actor. The code typically contains a trigger, which may be a specific date, time, or an event within the system.

Wait not that Logic Bomb! "A Surley Logic Bomb demonstrates that a pale ale can burst with juicy hop flavor. You can Handle the Truth!"

I am puzzled by this beer. The idea and ingredients all point to me enjoying it, but I sip it and taste "weird." Something is off. The aromas are fruit, flavors are same and taste finishes a bit dank. Not unpleasant, just off (IMO). I have some more cans in my beer frig and I am torn whether to hand them out to friends and fellow beer aficionados or drink another( or more) and sort out why I am puzzled.

i-B7mnW7q-M.jpg

I think I am going to finish my walkabout sipping a familiar Guinness.

Cheers, Eric -

RBH

Bartender
Logic Bomb definition - Logic bombs are intentionally hidden within legitimate software or systems by a malicious insider or external threat actor. The code typically contains a trigger, which may be a specific date, time, or an event within the system.

Wait not that Logic Bomb! "A Surley Logic Bomb demonstrates that a pale ale can burst with juicy hop flavor. You can Handle the Truth!"

I am puzzled by this beer. The idea and ingredients all point to me enjoying it, but I sip it and taste "weird." Something is off. The aromas are fruit, flavors are same and taste finishes a bit dank. Not unpleasant, just off (IMO). I have some more cans in my beer frig and I am torn whether to hand them out to friends and fellow beer aficionados or drink another( or more) and sort out why I am puzzled.

i-B7mnW7q-M.jpg

I think I am going to finish my walkabout sipping a familiar Guinness.

Cheers, Eric -

giphy.gif

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Arriving home Saturday afternoon I enjoyed a Guinness. A beer that is tasty and fit the cool afternoon. I did a walkabout and enjoyed the moment. As the evening donned I grilled a couple sausages and potatoes for dinner enjoying a Founders All Day IPA. Earlier this morning Costa Rican coffee (Volcanica single source coffee beans)and then while grilling some brunch for guests arriving in a couple hours I sipped a Surley pilsner (Supreme).

i-xSqNbhF-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric. -

IMG_3955.png

Boulevard Brewing started in business in 1988-1989 when a former home brewer stepped up & started taking orders from a restaurant or two for his Pilsner beer. He grew the business to the point when it sold to the Bavarian family company Duvel Moortgat Brewing in late 2013, Boulevard Brewing was the largest craft brewery in Missouri & the 18th largest in the US. The sale was thought to have been for $100M. Today along with Firestone Walker & Ommegang Brewing, Boulevard Brewing ranks as the 12th largest craft brewery in the US as Duvel Moortgat USA.

In 2021 the President of Boulevard Brewing & board member of Duvel Moortgat USA resigned in less than a wk when complaints surfaced from the breweries 240 employees of harassment & a sexist work environment. Duvel Moortgat immediately took control of the situation & hired Boulevard Brewing’s founder out of retirement & brought him back as President.

I haven’t been to Boulevard Brewing since their remodeling of their tasting room but I’ll be going to a holiday reception there soon. Jeff @bowlerman toured the brewery not long ago. He may have comments to add.

IMG_7776.jpeg

I have enjoyed a few of their specialty brews.
View attachment 554491

Boulevard Brewing started in business in 1988-1989 when a former home brewer stepped up & started taking orders from a restaurant or two for his Pilsner beer. He grew the business to the point when it sold to the Bavarian family company Duvel Moortgat Brewing in late 2013, Boulevard Brewing was the largest craft brewery in Missouri & the 18th largest in the US. The sale was thought to have been for $100M. Today along with Firestone Walker & Ommegang Brewing, Boulevard Brewing ranks as the 12th largest craft brewery in the US as Duvel Moortgat USA.

In 2021 the President of Boulevard Brewing & board member of Duvel Moortgat USA resigned in less than a wk when complaints surfaced from the breweries 240 employees of harassment & a sexist work environment. Duvel Moortgat immediately took control of the situation & hired Boulevard Brewing’s founder out of retirement & brought him back as President.

I haven’t been to Boulevard Brewing since their remodeling of their tasting room but I’ll be going to a holiday reception there soon. Jeff @bowlerman toured the brewery not long ago. He may have comments to add.

View attachment 554495

I have enjoyed a few of their specialty brews.
From your state of FL I like Maduro from Cigar City Brewing. Can only buy it here in liquor stores. Maduro leaf happens to be my fav cigar wrapper. I also tried once & would like to try again their bourbon barrel aged Ale (one without the cherries).

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tonight I am sipping my first October beer. The O'so Brewing Company in Plover, WI O-toberfest is an example of a German Marzan beer. It poured a copper red color and had a taste of carmel and malts. The after taste went a bit to far in malty-brown bread and sweet finish for me to buy more than the 4 pack seasonal offering. Very enjoyable to sample a different beer under the bright moon tonight.

i-f8CqKpk-M.jpg

i-BS6tsjw-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:
From your state of FL I like Maduro from Cigar City Brewing. Can only buy it here in liquor stores. Maduro leaf happens to be my fav cigar wrapper. I also tried once & would like to try again their bourbon barrel aged Ale (one without the cherries).
I think Im remembering from Boulevard something like Oreo and a chocolate thin mint. On the verge of ridiculous. But if I remember they were both quite strong and tasty.

Cigar City is fairly local. Their Jai Alai IPA is pretty prevalent around here. And not a bad beer.

I think Im remembering from Boulevard something like Oreo and a chocolate thin mint. On the verge of ridiculous. But if I remember they were both quite strong and tasty.
Not Boulevard. They had a chocolate ale that was a seasonal Christmas ale but no thin mint or Oreo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
usleathermart