Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Observing my morning ritual with a Ritch Rand.

IMG_1982.jpg

^^^Karl, you've been a good friend, I had to sign on & ask no Connemara? I've never had any of the better stuff, just the Cask strength.

Sláinte my friend!

KarlCrow

One Too Many
^^^Karl, you've been a good friend, I had to sign on & ask no Connemara? I've never had any of the better stuff, just the Cask strength.

Sláinte my friend!

that's what was in the house... I don't think connemara has beaten single malt bushmills as the best cents for sense tipple in the land, but a close call. There's a pile of micros coming on in the next few years but i doubt they'll rival the better scothes that you drink.

Last edited:
that's what was in the house... I don't think connemara has beaten single malt bushmills as the best cents for sense tipple in the land, but a close call. There's a pile of micros coming on in the next few years but i doubt they'll rival the better scothes that you drink.
Being a blended whiskey I have not tried Powers & I'm not sure how readily available it is around here. I would really like to try a bottle of Connemara Peated 12 yr old & will get around to it. But at the price point there is better whiskey than their Cask Strength, as you say.

PS: I'm trying to recall the nickname for the last night link bus that comes out of Dublin after all the bars shut down? The one you don't dare to miss! And now I have this ear worm of Gladys Knight singing "Midnight Train to Georgia"!

Last edited:

KarlCrow

One Too Many
Being a blended whiskey I have not tried Powers & I'm not sure how readily available it is around here. I would really like to try a bottle of Connemara Peated 12 yr old & will get around to it. But at the price point there is better whiskey than their Cask Strength, as you say.

PS: I'm trying to recall the nickname for the last night link bus that comes out of Dublin after all the bars shut down? The one you don't dare to miss! And now I have this ear worm of Gladys Knight singing "Midnight Train to Georgia"!
thanks for the ear worm, any mention of earworms and purple rain plays in my head for days!
ahh so you've not only been here but been on the night bus! Scary bloody mode of transport that can be. Yes that's what heroin smells like when it's cooked in a candyfoil pipe. Can't think of a nickname but I'll find out. Before my early 20s the last bus left at 11.30, and there was a limit on taxi numbers, i often got the 10 miles home without flagging one. Now there's unlimited taxis, and i'm only an hour's walk out, but they've destroyed (extensions, rebuilds, tourism, fecking leprechauns) most of my favourite spots anyway.

...ahh so you've not only been here but been on the night bus!... Can't think of a nickname but I'll find out.
Yes, been there, done that...as they say. Almost missed the damn thing one night & I don't know what I would have done then. I was staying clear out on the far end of the line! I can't remember names of any of the clubs anymore & I'm sure they change regularly just like anywhere else. One of the nicknames for the bus was the Vomit Comet but there was a catchy nickname from a song but I can't recall it now. That's why I've been running all these songs thru my brain!

Damn, I love those two hats, HJ. That Worth-Walden causes me cravings.

Agreed! I need to find one like it or something with enough crown to emulate it.

To keep with the spirit (no pun intended) of the thread I was wearing my '80s Amish straw and enjoying a Boulevard Radler while letting minnows nibble my legs in the creek (people pay for that you know).

Willebe

A-List Customer
It's not the dock of the bay, more like my front porch, and I'm "sittin in the evening sun" with a new brew of coffee and a book. The Balmoral is keeping the sun out of my eyes while I read and relax from a nice bike ride and some post weekend work. The coffee is a decent dark roast as it's not too bitter. Best of all, there is enough of a breeze to keep the skeeters away.
463cb85f28233e7d232b08ebed05d3f8.jpg
0809ebe21e4cf9b6262ce59cd10a1ad9.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails