Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

HH cheap Margs with 1800 Tequila & my SBCD under a blue neon bar light.

268E603A-8356-49B9-899F-B088612BF483.jpeg

EED78F20-16FA-4A22-97B0-F531494C5E04.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Perhaps you folks will appreciate. Long day. When I got home I poured myself a Founders Porter. What a grand beer for a relaxing walkabout.

i-VBw8Khn-M.jpg

It was a long day (physically and mentally) and just do not feel like preparing dinner. I order some pizza, wings and fires for an Uber delivery for my wife, dog and I. I am able to cook these items, but seriously do not have the energy. It will be delivered shortly. I have timed them to be delivered when my wife arrives. I am sipping a Surley Brewing pilsner while I wait the long, 17 minute, delivery. It really is not long. ;) :)

i-sPKBXDP-M.jpg

Yes the pizza is sausage, black olives and mushrooms on a thin crust.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Home this evening and went on a walkabout sipping a Surley Pilsner.

i-MRvT4kk-M.jpg

Back and "re-loaded" a Founders All Day IPA in my glass and headed out to sit and watch the stars drift overhead. I am using my phone app "Sky Tonight" to better identify planets and constellations.

i-TGCfTFz-M.jpg

I am looking directly at Ursa Major. I am "centered." Cheers, Eric -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Out and about sipping a 60 Minute IPA brewed by Dog Fish Brewing. "We boil this continually hopped IPA for a full 60 minutes, adding more than 60 hop additions continuously to create a bold and timeless flavor." I agree that this beer is citrius, hops and a bit of bitter. An excellent beer right down the middle of the IPA road. Smooth, easy and right in the middle.

i-6HK5qLs-M.jpg

Cheers from the middle of the USA, Eric -

I agree that this beer is citrius, hops and a bit of bitter. An excellent beer right down the middle of the IPA road. Smooth, easy and right in the middle.
Dogfish Head brews a good product & I like it best in the hot summertime. I like both the 60 Min & the 90 Min, giving an edge to the 90. In my quest to drink all beers >12% ABV I've only found the 120 Min (20%) a couple of times. Sold as single bottles or in a 4-pack it's a bit expensive & not carried often. Never found it in a bar.

Last night was a few pints of GC's Bennie, their German Bock. With a Gannon,

IMG_3120.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Guinness on Saturday evening. Tis the time of year for dark malt beer.

A long and hard working day found me home and sweaty. I cooled down sipping a San Pelligrino Pomelo and a big glass of water. Not wearing anything on my head cooled me down quickly. Afterwards, back to head gear and a Guinness.

i-qw9pKqP-M.jpg

i-9tg6xxB-M.jpg

Sunday I imbibed a breakfast beer that originated at St.James Gate, Dublin, Ireland in 1759.

i-RjbDnth-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Good reports coming out from this yrs San Francisco WhiskyFest held the first weekend this month. Besides American distilleries draming their whiskies, whiskies from Scotland, Ireland, Japan, India, and France were also present & poured.

IMG_8379.JPG

Some notable whiskies were:

Ardbeg Traigh Bhan Batch 3
Glenmorangie, A Tale of Winter
Balblair Highlands Single Malt 12
Balblair 15
Balblair 18
Balblair 25

Nikka From the Barrel (Japanese blend, Nikka Whisky Distilling Co.)
Fuji 30 year old single grain (Fuji Gotemba distillery)

Glyph Molecular (Bourbon) Whiskey
Parker’s Heritage Collection Wheat whiskey (Heaven Hill Distillery)
Larceny Barrel Proof (a wheated Bourbon, may win Whiskey of the Year for 2021)
Balcones (& ZZ Top collaboration) Tres Hombres
Jack Daniel's new 10 year old Tennessee whiskey
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Coy Hill
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (Heaven Hill Distillery)
George Dickel 13 year old Bottled in Bond

Ardbeg table. VIP tickets are worth the price.

IMG_8378.JPG

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good reports coming out from this yrs San Francisco WhiskyFest held the first weekend this month. Besides American distilleries draming their whiskies, whiskies from Scotland, Ireland, Japan, India, and France were also present & poured.

View attachment 385607

Some notable whiskies were:

Ardbeg Traigh Bhan Batch 3
Glenmorangie, A Tale of Winter
Balblair Highlands Single Malt 12
Balblair 15
Balblair 18
Balblair 25

Nikka From the Barrel (Japanese blend, Nikka Whisky Distilling Co.)
Fuji 30 year old single grain (Fuji Gotemba distillery)

Glyph Molecular (Bourbon) Whiskey
Parker’s Heritage Collection Wheat whiskey (Heaven Hill Distillery)
Larceny Barrel Proof (a wheated Bourbon, may win Whiskey of the Year for 2021)
Balcones (& ZZ Top collaboration) Tres Hombres
Jack Daniel's new 10 year old Tennessee whiskey
Jack Daniel's Single Barrel Coy Hill
Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (Heaven Hill Distillery)
George Dickel 13 year old Bottled in Bond

Ardbeg table. VIP tickets are worth the price.

View attachment 385606

That looks and sounds fantastic. I really want to visit such a tasting in the future. The "notables" would be dynamite to sample and compare at on event. I will keep my ear/eye peled for events that I would be able to attend. Post Omnicon/and maybe the next variant I would be willing to fly to such an event. I think that would really be able to help me better define my preferences. That looks fantastic with whiskeys that I have only read/watch vids about.

Brew pub with Cordova cap. Drinking Mellon dollar question, a cantaloupe sour. Delicious. View attachment 385660

The sour beer has my attention and the cap has me wishing to visit. Cheers sir.

Tonight's adventure starts at Black Label Brewing Company, this beer, their Tropical Thunder IPA, is much more my speed than last night's Guiness.
View attachment 385676

Looks tasty and the OR is exquisite.

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk