Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Yesterday's HH was spent with a few pints of 2-Pull under my chocolate Gannon 2-3/4x6. Then a growler fill for home.

IMG_3354.jpg

IMG_3355.jpg

IMG_3357.jpg

IMG_3358.jpg

Rumad

One Too Many
Spent part of the afternoon rolling out a big pile of cavatelli and making about a gallon of coquito. Ran around before that in the Whippet. The coquito is one of the few recipes I have that are “secret family recipes” that isn’t actually a secret. So if anyone want to try it, and it’s delicious, HMU.
6AD965A3-42D0-41DB-89D9-3872B06810D2.jpeg

Rumad

One Too Many
6ad965a3-42d0-41db-89d9-3872b06810d2-jpeg.391747

Love this photo and wishing for a Whippet.... I would take a big sip of that and do not even know what the hell it is!!!!!!!!
The Whippet I found in an antique shop in Florida about 15 years ago, 30 bucks. In my size, 7 1/2, which is very hard to find. Talk about lucky. The coquito is often billed as Puerto Rican egg nog. My buddies wife (who is Puerto Rican) brought be a half gallon a few days before Christmas. It didn’t even make it there. She was kind enough to give me the recipe.

RBH

Bartender
The Whippet I found in an antique shop in Florida about 15 years ago, 30 bucks. In my size, 7 1/2, which is very hard to find. Talk about lucky. The coquito is often billed as Puerto Rican egg nog. My buddies wife (who is Puerto Rican) brought be a half gallon a few days before Christmas. It didn’t even make it there. She was kind enough to give me the recipe.

I thought that was what it was!
Looks delicious !
That Whippet is just my size !!!!

The Shoe

One Too Many
Four things wrong with that solution: I don’t like to grocery shop, I don’t like to cook, I don’t like to clean up, & it cuts into my HH.

since you will be among the first to see it come in, Happy New Year Gary!
I don’t especially like to cook, but I love to barbecue. Barbecuing only extends your happy hour. Surely you can pick up a pork shoulder online in no time…

…cleanup?…:rolleyes:
:confused:
…I don’t have a solution for that one:(

Hope you have a great New Year yourself!

Heck yeah on both accounts

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Happy New Years Eve to all! Celebrating under a VS with some Glenmorangie 18 Extremely Rare.

View attachment 392290

View attachment 392291

View attachment 392292

Hope everyone has a yr of many vintage hats coming up & the FL returns to its roots.

Back to you Jack, Happy New Years and +1 for TFL roots wishes.

Founders Breakfast Stout and a Knox tall bowler to ring in the new year

View attachment 392304 View attachment 392305

Oh… to ring in the new year… Nature Boy Buddy Rogers style…

View attachment 392307

Auld Lang Syne.... We’ll drink a toast to days gone by and cheers to the days to come. Happy New Year 2022.

View attachment 392306

Cheers and Happy New Year Joe!

Low key New Years at my house. My wife has been recovering from a bout with Covid. The last 5 days of illness found NYE her hunger, taste and energy returning. Excellent! Thank goodness it has been "just a bad, bad cold" symptoms. On the mend and highly optimistic for 2022 this morning. It has warmed up to -11f (-24'c) and I sipped a breakfast Anchor Porter.

i-5k3jwR8-M.jpg

Below is a collage sharing pics of the beverages of the past couple days. (Omni Brewing pilsner, Guinness Draught and the Anchor Porter.)

i-PrPc3R4-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -

Low key New Years at my house. My wife has been recovering from a bout with Covid. The last 5 days of illness found NYE her hunger, taste and energy returning. Excellent! Thank goodness it has been "just a bad, bad cold" symptoms. On the mend and highly optimistic for 2022 this morning. It has warmed up to -11f (-24'c) and I sipped a breakfast Anchor Porter.

i-5k3jwR8-M.jpg

Below is a collage sharing pics of the beverages of the past couple days. (Omni Brewing pilsner, Guinness Draught and the Anchor Porter.)

i-PrPc3R4-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
Happy New Year Eric.

i-5k3jwR8-M.jpg

i-PrPc3R4-M.jpg

Cheers to all, Eric -
Eric, I hope your wife has recovered or well on her way to recovery, & that you manage to avoid it.

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good Monday evening! Home and enjoying a NO mask moment while sipping a beer.

An aside: My wife has been sick with Covid and a mask at home and work has become de-rigor. She is feeling better, but still testing "positive." Everyday, to date, I test negative and wear my mask nearly all day/evening. The mask fatigue and the worry for my wife are getting old.

i-PjCQRqv-M.jpg

I am drinking a Surley Four Seam Screamer. This local beer is a West Coast IPA. It has Cascade,Citra (dry hopping),Mosaic and Warrior (bitter) hops. The dry hopping adds a bit of tropical fruit flavor. All in all it is a fun beer tonight. I am thinking I may imbibe another.

Cheers tonight. Stay safe. Best, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana