Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

It sure feels like summer! Stetson Derringer.

7C9FBDD3-367D-40DA-A352-A59E3C5E7145.jpeg

Note taken.
We only have the one nice bottle in the house presently. Might need to remedy the situation before the 21st.
Looking ahead to US drinking holidays in June I see National Moonshine Day Sunday 6/05,
National Bourbon Day Tues 6/14,
& Father's Day Sunday 6/19.

For HH I wore a Gannon in natural beaver. I recently pushed open the elephant ear dents with dog bone crease & need to work on ghost lines. Enjoyed some cold mugs of Northern American Ale on this hot day.

IMG_4607.jpg

IMG_4610.jpg

IMG_4605.jpg

IMG_4611.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Looking ahead to US drinking holidays in June I see National Moonshine Day Sunday 6/05,
National Bourbon Day Tues 6/14,
& Father's Day Sunday 6/19.

For HH I wore a Gannon in natural beaver. I recently pushed open the elephant ear dents with dog bone crease & need to work on ghost lines. Enjoyed some cold mugs of Northern American Ale on this hot day.

View attachment 425275

View attachment 425276

View attachment 425274

View attachment 425277
Just purchased my first ever bottle of Monkey Shoulder. The way I hear, it’s supposed to be great bang for your buck. The Akubra of the whisky world?
Also a bottle of Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie.
Sipping on Bunnahabhain as we speak. Sitting in the living room, so no hat to be seen.

Just purchased my first ever bottle of Monkey Shoulder. The way I hear, it’s supposed to be great bang for your buck. The Akubra of the whisky world?
Also a bottle of Bruichladdich The Classic Laddie.
Sipping on Bunnahabhain as we speak. Sitting in the living room, so no hat to be seen.
Monkey Shoulder is a good blend. One of the main Single Malts of the blend is Kinninvie. And I think another in the blend is Cardhu. For a time Monkey Shoulder really shot up in price in the US but I notice in ads the pricing has leveled out now.

Kinninvie is hard to buy as a Single Malt. I know it's used in the blends for Chivas, JW Black, & Dimple/Pinch.

The Monkey Shoulder cost ¥2863. That’s about $US22.
The Classic Laddie was ¥4873 ($US37).
Just checked the ads here & Monkey Shoulder is at $28.99. The Classic Laddie has really shot up to as high as $59.99. Used to be $44.99.

For HH it was cheap Margs with jalapeño infused Tequila OTR or frozen. The ice tends to absorb the jalapeño flavor. With my Playboyesk CD.

IMG_4665.jpg

IMG_4666.jpg

IMG_4668.jpg

IMG_4667.jpg

Then home for some Tequila Ocho from the 2021 La Ladera agave harvest.

IMG_4669.jpg

IMG_4670.jpg

The Shoe

One Too Many
Back home last night after going out for Thai food, we had to try the new acquisitions…
9834E79F-D05F-408A-B44E-FCA98EE71D3D.jpeg

I got almond/marzipan flavours from this. Very enjoyable for the price.
2D4F496C-D116-4C7F-A5E3-2E80C7970348.jpeg

I was falling asleep on my favourite chair as I sipped this so hard pressed to describe the flavour, but I do recall a little smoke and that it went down very nicely. Sorry for not being diligent about including a hat. I wore my Bailey paper Hester and Etsuko her Tula palm straw. You can see them both on the WHAYWT thread if inclined.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sunday was fun! I was in charge of my own schedule. I made a collage showcasing imbibing Caribou Brazilian coffee, Surley Supreme, Surley Drips and Drops and Founders Mas Agave.

1C3B2A5E-01FD-437E-827E-8E131747753A-M.jpg

I was whooped by early evening, but still stayed up and watched the moon's antics. My wife and I shared some home made Sun tea watching the night sky.

Cheers, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Surley Supreme was an easy choice when I went over to the neighbors dock last evening. After an hour of being "neighborly" I left my wife to continue and I poured a Surley Drips and Drops (Hazy IPA) and changed to a brimmed fedora.

768DF99B-030C-4D84-BD53-B09B1DD80508-M.jpg

When my wife arrived home we sat and shared a small dram of Yamazaki 12. Loved the very balanced and easy drinking Japanese whisky last night.

Cheers, Eric -

Out on a Tequila hunt today under a Stetson OR 3X. This OR has a brim measuring 2-7/8 & not much flange, giving it an entirely different look.

IMG_4719.jpg

IMG_4721.jpg

Found a single bottle (no stash) of Tequila Ocho's 2017 Los Nopales harvest. The La Gritona Reposado is ot a sale price that eliminates its competition as a daily drinker.

IMG_4724.jpg

IMG_4725.jpg

IMG_4727.jpg

Easiest way to understand what a harvest means to an agave plant & why some harvests are more sought out than others is to think about the effects a grape harvest has on wine.

Still searching for more from the 2020 La Loma harvest.

IMG_4729.jpg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
HH at a new Tap Room I had forgot about, under my Resistol 3X felted edge. Full service patio welcomes pipes & cigars. Enjoyed some ice cold Big Sky Moose Drool Brown & Malty Ale.

View attachment 427123

View attachment 427124

View attachment 427125

View attachment 427126

View attachment 427127

View attachment 427128

View attachment 427129

Excellent. Thanks for sharing Jack. I would definitely order Moose Drool Brown Ale if nothing else but for the experience of such a cool named beer. Was it worthy for hunting down?

Yesterday evening Surley Controled Chaos IPA (West Coast IPA) was choice for an eveningwalkabout. This is a dry citus West Coast IPA with a touch of bitterness. I did like it.

i-W6W8rDr-M.jpg

Physically tired tonight and totally enjoying my "normal" Surley Supreme (crisp and citrus) pilsner beer.

DSC02905-M.jpg

Cheers, Eric -

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk