Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

Back under the Bulldogger for HH with some Odell 90 Schilling.

642B3C1F-7C31-496C-B4B5-C8327DE4366B.jpeg

EB16DB1B-D76A-473A-A4F8-B01774432AB7.jpeg

CB3BF4B9-2688-4A0F-9507-6B2B831EAA01.jpeg

1215D507-87A5-4A11-9379-F4B72F27C429.jpeg

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Good morning. Here is a collage of hats and drinks since midweek. Cold brewed Caribou Brazil cofee, Surley Pilsner, Guinness Extra Stout, Dangerous Man IPA and some MaCallan 12.

34978953-0626-43BA-847A-1D5981EC0893-M.jpg

Saturday tenderloin brunch with MaCallen 12.

DSC03774-M.jpg

IMG_7500-M.jpg

Sunday pasta breakfast with a Surley Pilsner.

IMG_7531-M.jpg

I will have to plan ahead to pick-up some tequila to participate in NTD next weekend.

Cheers to all, Eric -

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Sherry or Oak series? And how do you like it?

Jack this is the Sherry oak series. I do like it paired with this meal as a glorious finish. I drank water with most of the meal and finished it off sipping the whiskey. I planned to have the whiskey accompany the meal, but it added a sweeter taste. It was better as a bookend to a great piece of beef.

Smooth, and sweet and it finishes hot, to my taste. Sherry up front and oak finish.

Eric -

Jack this is the Sherry oak series. I do like it paired with this meal as a glorious finish. I drank water with most of the meal and finished it off sipping the whiskey. I planned to have the whiskey accompany the meal, but it added a sweeter taste. It was better as a bookend to a great piece of beef.

Smooth, and sweet and it finishes hot, to my taste. Sherry up front and oak finish.

Eric -
Back in the 2000 - 2005 time frame I used to drink a lot of Macallan 12 Sherry Cask series & really liked it but Macallan took a huge price increase blaming it on availability of Olorosa Sherry casks. At the same time they introduced their Oak series. Neither Balvenie nor Aberlour took an increase in their Sherry cask series so I switched to drinking them.

The Shoe

One Too Many
@The Shoe

Next Sunday 7/24 is National Tequila Day in the US, & Wednesday 7/27 is National Scotch Day. You’re welcome to participate & enjoy in absentia..

We have a new Tequila bar just opened here. I haven’t made it there yet.

View attachment 438810
Tequila? I haven’t had tequila since that night all those years ago. A Canadian friend visiting us in New Zealand. After a few beers he suggested…now I’m not sure which he suggested first, tequila shots or Jäegermeister shots. All I can say is both were consumed repeatedly.
Your posts have got me interested in revisiting tequila, however. Funny thing with tequila is that I never really enjoyed the taste, but I always enjoyed myself when drinking it. I would be interested to try some of the ones you’ve posted to see if I can now enjoy the flavours. I’m sure the ones I had back in the day were not top quality.

Gary in NC

One of the Regulars
Tequila? I haven’t had tequila since that night all those years ago. ...

Oh my goodness. You just reminded me of my "tequila shots night" over three decades ago. I'll leave out the details, but suffice it to say that was the last time I ever drank tequila, other than a sip of my wife's occasional margarita in a restaurant.

Chasing nirvana we”ve all gone past it a few times.

Your posts have got me interested in revisiting tequila, however. Funny thing with tequila is that I never really enjoyed the taste, but I always enjoyed myself when drinking it. I would be interested to try some of the ones you’ve posted to see if I can now enjoy the flavours.
You first need to identify the taste of good blue agave & decide whether you like it or not. Agave is dominant in most Blancos. You can even start to make a distinction between agave cooked in a stone clay oven vs stainless steel. Sort of like the difference between charcoal vs gas grills.

if you don’t like agave to dominate then try anejo & extra anejo, fino, etc. if you don’t like it at all then try a crystallino although I don’t know why anyone would drink those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ