Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats and Drinks - A Match Made in Heaven

I’ve been meaning to reply to this for a while. I looked into this whisky, wondering what it went for over here. It’s not one I’ve noticed on the shelves. The local shopping sites don’t have it either. I assume it’s one that’s made exclusively for the foreign market.
What I have been able to come up with is that he is a Master Blender. Since buying & modernizing/reopening the distillery he has laid down some whisky but it’s still young. What he is blending & selling while he waits is Speyside single malts that he has blended in the Japanese style. Besides the 10 he has blended some 15 yr old Speysides that sells here for ~$115. Both are highly rated.

The Shoe

One Too Many
What I have been able to come up with is that he is a Master Blender. Since buying & modernizing/reopening the distillery he has laid down some whisky but it’s still young. What he is blending & selling while he waits is Speyside single malts that he has blended in the Japanese style. Besides the 10 he has blended some 15 yr old Speysides that sells here for ~$115. Both are highly rated.
So has he taken Speysides and put them in mizunara for a length of time before blending?

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Breakfast is grilling. My grilling beer is a Bent Paddle Venture pils.

i-KHDDght-M.jpg

Breakfast buffalo sausages, potatoes, parsnips and atomic red carrots were delicious.

Eric-

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Tuesday very early in the day, 3:00am, I woke up and enjoyed seeing the Northern Lights. I opened a Surley Before I Die lager and enjoyed the show.

I failed at getting pics of the green and pink hues in the sky. I need to read up on how to get better night time pics. I ordered a book from Amazon and will soon have bedtime reading.

i-K62XpB2-M.jpg

I took a very old pic and added it to the above collage.

Cheers, Eric. -

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
The moon is in a waxing crescent phase night sky tonight. In everyday language this means that only a small part of the Moon is illuminated in the Waxing Crescent phase and you can still sometimes see the rest of moon as faintly visible. In my neighborhood it is obvious to my eye and poor photo skills.

i-TgKJS2b-M.jpg

A Surly Supreme tonight and I added a pic of a Guinness Stout that I enjoyed yesterday.

Cheers to all, Eric. -

Last edited:

The Shoe

One Too Many
No hat, but wanted to share this Bunnahabhain that we opened tonight. I’ve enjoyed everything I’ve had from this distillery so far, especially the An Cladach, but this Cruach-Mhòna is the new champion of Bunnahabhains for me. The raisins that are so prominent in the others are less so here. This seems to me like a classic Islay, in the vein of (as far as I recall) a Lagavulin. Lovely smokiness (the name apparently means “peat stack”) without the harshness of, say a Wee Beastie, hides the fruitiness (which is still there if you go looking for it). I need to search for another bottle (And so do you!)
For what it’s worth, I wore my Fed IV today.
IMG_1253.jpeg
IMG_1254.jpeg

Last edited:

Snowman

Practically Family
Celebrating my 60th with some steaks, a Cold Mountain, and Kentucky Owl bourbon. Hat is a Resistol Plains in moss green.

Attachments

• A73668ED-5299-49DD-93C8-8BCE0B48EA82.jpeg
    7.2 MB · Views: 41
  • E22B2BF2-49B2-4071-BA14-F0364E5717E9.jpeg
    5.9 MB · Views: 34
  • 32087949-A504-4633-A238-DBC3DE81B21A.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 33

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda