Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats at Burlington Coat Factory

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I've got to say that I've investigated another BCF today and found an absolutely beautiful, soft as butter, bound edge with nice 1" ribbon and bow treatment, brim about 2 1/2", but it was a size 6 7/8. I need 7 3/8, or "L". The two I have purchased just happened to be there. It must be hit or miss. Too bad. I wish one of our vendors could get some of these hats, the wider brim, softer felt, and offer them. I plan to drop in regularly at the BCF near me and if I find some good ones I'll post the ones I get and maybe someone would want them if I already have one like it. I guess I'll have to post in the "Classified" section, to be proper about it.

dean

Bud-n-Texas

Practically Family
I was very disappointed that the soft one today, was stingy in brim width. It was a nice green and we all know the rage over green hats these days. There was a mint green one, but it was one of the stiff ones.

deanglen

Bud-n-Texas said:
I was very disappointed that the soft one today, was stingy in brim width. It was a nice green and we all know the rage over green hats these days. There was a mint green one, but it was one of the stiff ones.

Your hat in your avatar of the moment looks like mine! Looks SHARP!

dean

RBH

Bartender
Hey Dean,

Did BCF have anything I would have liked in a 7 1\2? I have had no luck in finding anything around here.
I think our taste are pretty close on the hats, as the ones you have reworked I LOVE!
Holler back if you can...

deanglen

RBH said:
Did BCF have anything I would have liked in a 7 1\2? I have had no luck in finding anything around here.
I think our taste are pretty close on the hats, as the ones you have reworked I LOVE!
Holler back if you can...

Leaving now. Will let you know!

dean

deanglen

Black in the right size but who really wants a black fedora. Someone might. Let me know. There was a brown fur felt that I would change the ribbon on, sized "L" but I wasn't sure the felt finish was nice enough and a little stiff, but was the only one I might consider. . Color like the one I have on in my avatar. (Can a person sand the finish of the felt to get it smoother?) A couple of nice "M" sizes, one a nice tan, very soft, pliable, and decent brim size, at least 2- 2 1/2" I'd guess. A couple of grey fur felt, not stingies, but not raw edge like I'd like, but something similar to a cavanaugh, or rolled over edge. Someone might not mind that. A Brown "XL", "L" and "M" like that. Brown similar to my avatar hat. Some nice soft Huckel black fedoras. 7 5/8, 7 3/8 going for $39.99 A grey "M", nice high crown, wider than normal. at least 2 3/4" brim black grosgrain, $16.98 special furfelt. This is the best I can remember. I can go back tomorrow if anyone is interested.

dean

RBH

Bartender
Thanks DG...

thanks for looking, I would not mind one like the one you have on in your avatar.
I have a black Country Gentleman that is my 'garden hat' and I dont favor black to much anyway.
Thanks again for taking the time to look for all of us! :eusa_clap

deanglen

RBH said:
thanks for looking, I would not mind one like the one you have on in your avatar.
I have a black Country Gentleman that is my 'garden hat' and I dont favor black to much anyway.
Thanks again for taking the time to look for all of us! :eusa_clap

I can get the "L" brown. I compared it to my OR which wore to the store to make some size comparisons. It fit very similarly. I'm sure you could stretch it if it was tight on your 7 1/2 head. It's a fabric sweatband. Nice brown color. But comparing the felt finish to my OR, it is a bit rougher, but maybe you could try to smooth it somehow. For the price, $16.98 plus tax, I think it's a deal for a fur felt hat. It cries for a thin ribbon of complimentary shade. The crown is not as high as my OR, but, after all it's NOT an OR. I'll go back tomorrow and ponder purchasing it if it's still there. If you don't want it. I'll keep it.

dean

RBH

Bartender
dont think it would fit... I favor the higher crown, on my melon the short ones look kinds goofy :p
but keep me in mind on a 7 1\2 should you run across one.
lol lol lol I would pay big bucks for a custom DEANGLEN FEDORA lol lol lol

deanglen

I'll keep my eyes open and who knows? I really like what Dalexs did with that hat blank! The possibilities are positively scintillating! I just wish I could use a sewing machine! Till then, I'll modify cheap BCF hats! Hope to find you one soon!

dean

BigDawgBarkin

New in Town
DEANGLEN,

I tried to PM you but for some reason I can't seem to get authorization. I'd be interested in the "M" size tan hat that you found at your BCF as long as it's of the quality that you mentioned with your initial BCF finds and the brim is no wider than 2 1/2". Just let me know the details.

BDB

deanglen

BigDawgBarkin said:
DEANGLEN,

I tried to PM you but for some reason I can't seem to get authorization. I'd be interested in the "M" size tan hat that you found at your BCF as long as it's of the quality that you mentioned with your initial BCF finds and the brim is no wider than 2 1/2". Just let me know the details.

BDB

I think you have to post more messages, perhaps. I'll be heading back up to BCF today and if the hat is still there, I'll pick it up for you because is IS a nice fur felt with suppleness and if it's your size I'm sure you'll be happy with it. I would describe it as a tan version of the grey one pictured at the start of this thread.The ribbon is dark but not unattractive, and afterall you can change that quite easily. If the hat was good for me, I'd slap some thin ribbon of a complimentary shade with squared off bow treatment. The brim is not excessive, I'll bet no way is it more than 2 1/2", in fact it balances the whole hat well. I could wear the hat, but it's a but tight on me and I'm not a big fan of stretching.

dean

BigDawgBarkin

New in Town
Thanks! I checked our BCF but they only had one fur felt. It was nice looking (in fact it looked like the hat in your avatar) but it was a large so I didn't get it. Thanks for going to all this trouble to help out fellow Lounge members!

deanglen

BigDawgBarkin said:
Thanks! I checked our BCF but they only had one fur felt. It was nice looking (in fact it looked like the hat in your avatar) but it was a large so I didn't get it. Thanks for going to all this trouble to help out fellow Lounge members!

The tan was gone. Sorry. But there was what I would call 1) a "rust" rather stiff but smooth, 2) a color I would call dusty mauve stiff but smooth, smaller brim width, and 3)a grey with a rolled over edge, all size "M" There's a nice grey with a brim wider than I think you would want size "M". Might be able to get up there tomorrow or Thursday.

dean

jml90

One of the Regulars
deanglen said:
The tan was gone. Sorry. But there was what I would call 1) a "rust" rather stiff but smooth, 2) a color I would call dusty mauve stiff but smooth, smaller brim width, and 3)a grey with a rolled over edge, all size "M" There's a nice grey with a brim wider than I think you would want size "M". Might be able to get up there tomorrow or Thursday.

dean
No Xls?

deanglen

jml90 said:
What'd they have in XL?

A reddish brown fur felt size "XL" that I think is okay, admittedly a bit rough, but has a nice rolled over stitched edge and fake leather sweatband and I think it's $19.95. They have some nice Huckel black fedoras, and I mean they feel nice and pliable and smooth, leather, or faux lather sweatbands with silk linings nice grosgrain ribbon and bow, in 7 5/8. I guess I'm failing as a buyer for you guys, the selection seems a bit picked over. I think I got the best two in my size a month ago. But I intend to watch like a hawk and when something good comes I'll post it.

dean

BigDawgBarkin

New in Town
I appreciate you going back to look for the tan hat for me. I'll pass on the wider brimmed grey one. Keep your eye out for another tan one though, that's the color I'm looking for to wear as my everyday hat.

BDB

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner