Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for big heads for sale

casechopper

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I don't have pictures for all of the hats at this time but if you're interested post and I'll try get some pictures up. I'd like to know how much interest there is in the following:

Size 62 bluegrass green akubra campdraft

Size 62 acorn fawn akubra stylemaster

Size 63 Glen Gray akubra silver spur western style hat
IMG_4986.jpg

IMG_4985.jpg

Size 63 black akubra federation IV

Size 7 5/8 vintage mallory derby (needs cleaning, brim binding replaced and sweatband replaced. quoted $60 + $15 return shipping by Parker from falcon park hattery to do this).

Size 7 3/4 (fits like a 7 5/8) Barlesoni blue/grey homburg. - sold
Photos taken by Rodkins who I purchased it from (it has been worn once since I received it).
e8b8281e.jpg

ca939e13.jpg

8601e4cd-1.jpg

More photos here

Size 7 7/8 Sunbody as shown here http://www.sunbody.com/index.cfm/product/436_30/3-inch-brim-guatemalan-fine-palm-hat-sale.cfm but formed as a fedora.

Size 7 5/8 Stetson Shantung straw western hat
IMG_4714.jpg

I'm currently looking for a house to purchase so I'm going to thin out my collection a bit to have more money available. Make an offer on any of these and I'll consider it.

Last edited:

tonydi

New in Town
Hi, can you tell me what your asking for the bluegrass green campdraft. Also curious what your hat size or head size measures out to, and how the campdraft fits. I hear they run a bit large.
Thanks

casechopper

I wear a size 62 or 7 3/4 most of the time. My head size is 24 3/8" and Art Fawcett told me my head size is a 7 3/4 extra long oval. This hat fits slightly tight front and back with a little extra space on the sides which is normal considering that this hat isn't a long oval. The campdraft has been asked about by another member which is why I added the photos. I told him $90 but we haven't arrived at an agreement so if you'd like it make an offer.

casechopper

Photos of Size 63 Black Akubra Federation IV Deluxe
Note, the liner is not glued in. It can be removed or left sitting inside the hat depending on how you like it.
IMG_5570.jpg

IMG_5569.jpg

IMG_5572.jpg

IMG_5573.jpg

IMG_5574.jpg

IMG_5575.jpg

casechopper

Size 7 3/4 (fits more like a size 7 5/8) Borsalino Allesandria (probably a Como model)
This has a stain in the front of the crown as shown in the photos. It's a mid grey and is very floppy (as is typical of modern Borsalinos).
IMG_5593.jpg

IMG_5594.jpg

IMG_5595.jpg

IMG_5596.jpg

IMG_5597.jpg

IMG_5599.jpg

IMG_5601.jpg

IMG_5603.jpg

IMG_5604.jpg

casechopper

I'm under contract on the purchase of a house so it's time to sell these cheap!

Prices shipped:
Bluegrass green campdraft: $85
Silver Spur: $100 (this style/color is no longer produced so you won't find this anywhere else!)
Acorn Stylemaster: $75
Derby: $65
Sunbody: $25
Borsalino: $60
Black fed IV Deluxe: $100
Stetson western straw: free with purchase of any of the other hats or $20 shipped.

I will give discounts if you purchase multiple hats due to the savings on shipping.

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindawalters