Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for strong winds?

Cant you tell? Had to remove my hat for the mug shot.

That was you?

15319977_10155444343290278_7274597193992896512_n.jpg

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
When I go fishing down in the Florida Keys I wear my Sunbody with the 3" brim. It takes a good breeze to knock it off, but I've found it floats very nicely until I can fish it out. As far as wind-trolleys go, I don't know if anyone else feels this way, but I really like using them on windy days: there's something very cool to me about such a serviceable little invention.

Nat Parkinson

New in Town
I lived aboard a sailboat for almost 10 years trading between Baltimore and the Caribbean and wore a 10X Stetson Silver Belly (tight fitting) every single day. Never once blew off, even in 60 knot Tropical Storms and one full 360 rollover. And it saved my scalp from an uncountable number of stitches. Kept my back dry, and kept the spray and sun out of my eyes.

The two things I'd never leave the dock without? An inflatable PFD harness clipped to a running safety line and my Stetson.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
green_entrails