Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats for your Man-Bun ! ! !

navarre_au

New in Town
Now I have seen it all :eeek:

Man_Bun2.jpg

http://www.capitolhillseattle.com/2015/09/chs-community-post-now-trending-in-hill-male-fashion/

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I struggle not to fall over laughing when I see 'guys' wearing their hair like that in the first place, let alone with that joke on top of their, er, 'bun'.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
When I see a woman with a bun, I think of that character from the Moomins.
When I see a man with a bun, I just think it looks dirty. Really dirty. I have to check their fingernails as well, and they are always dirty.

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
I disagree about the top-knot. And so does Toshiro.
mifune.jpg

I do not like the implications that are being made about dirty and dorky bunheads in this thread. Everyone has the right to wear his hair any damn way he wants to.

But I do feel anyone wearing a bun-hat should have their head cut off. :p

moehawk

I'll Lock Up
If his bun was as wide as a Tom Mix, you can be sure it would be noticed!
Plus, your hats are nice and worth noticing. That hair is best as a repressed memory.

I do not like the implications that are being made about dirty and dorky bunheads in this thread. Everyone has the right to wear his hair any damn way he wants to.

Well, I won't stand in their way of wearing it like that, but I'll still laugh. :p Dude in the pic does not look like a samurai, nor as cool as Mifune. Or even this guy,

Samurai-belushi-3.jpg

Big J

Call Me a Cab
mifune.jpg

But Mifune's bun wearing character was an unwashed homeless bum.

Crazy Dave

Familiar Face
But Mifune's bun wearing character was an unwashed homeless bum.

True. But the fact that he also wears his hair like that in many of his other period movies, or that that does not make all the other samurai or ronin that ever lived, or even the bearded topknot hipsters this thread is about unwashed bums, is hardly to be considered irrelevant, now is it?

It is AMAZING to me that people here get their panties in a bunch when people judge them for wearing hats or outfits from the fifties, and then go ahead and do EXACTLY THE SAME THING to, say, a phenomenon like fashion victim hipsters.

I have long hair. I'm a rock 'n roll musician. I have practiced martial arts more than half my life. I sometimes wear my hair up like that. When cooking, in the gym, or on the tatami. Sometimes at work. Sometimes people laugh at me. I believe that says more about them than about me. I'm also glad to be able to cheer up their maybe otherwise dreary lives by my outlandish ways. I try not to judge people for their appearance, life is just too damn short for that.

Oh, and kudos for knowing what movie that pic is from. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy