Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats From the Movies

Akubra

Familiar Face
Here is a pretty cool website.

http://www.baronhats.com

Aparently they make hats for movie production. I had a good time leafing through it. Everything you can think of from Ben Wades hat in 3:10 to Yuma to the Butchers hat in The Streets of New York and Robert Redfords Hat in Out of Africa

I do wonder what size wheelebarrow the owner of this establishment must use to carry his B#%%S around in for charging such outrageous prices!!!

One day I'll figure out why a beaver felt hat can possibly cost $1000 and when I do I am going to market it !!

Untill then I guess I will just have to keep on working for a living !!!

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
regardless of the quality with barons your pretty much paying for the "name" and not the hat; and actually they do have some very nice hats though

duggap

Banned
Well it is from TV rather than movies, but for those who may not have seen it yet, AARP has a new commercial that starts out with an old gentleman saying "I have been a hatmaker all my life", as it shows shots of his shop.:p

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
The hats are overpriced, imho, and certain things about this manufacturer dont sit right with me.

If the more expensive hat is advertised as 200X (really, now) beaver felt, why is the 'cheaper' hat only identified as fur felt? Why not say rabbit, or what have you? And why is distressing the hat another $100? It all sounds a bit fishy to me.

There are also other manufacturers out there that offer or equal better hats for less money.

But then again, the general masses would very well stumble upon this site, and not really knowing anything (or much) about hats would read the hypey ad copy, and say, 'Heyyeahwowlookatthat!' and go for it.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
If barons is overprices than Rands Hats, Buckaroo hatters, are all overpriced too. Dont even get me started on nathaniels of Colorado. optimo may not be cheap but at least you know your getting a good hat.

Actually my uncle has a hat from barons and its pretty nice, it feels like it could take a beating but who knows.

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
your right i should have checked the prices before judging sorry
i guess the only real way to judge quality is not the price but actually wearing the hat and i dont have a baron or buckaroo

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Let's be honest, shall we. Regardless if we talk hats or some other clothing item, quality can only go so high. Price, it seems, has no limit. I can't criticize Baron's in terms of quality, because I just have no personal experience with them. But having had the experience of many different hats of diverse quality, I am hard pressed to believe that there is a hat out there truly three times better than my best hat.

I can say that buying from Baron's would scare me. Not only would I dread dropping $1000 on a felt hat, but knowing what little I really know about hats and felt, the site isn't speaking in a language I understand. So, I think that Barons is more for the uniformed with money to spend, rather than people like me. You might get a fantastic hat, but they just don't read right to me. [huh]

Akubra

Familiar Face
Not-Bogart13 said:
Let's be honest, shall we. Regardless if we talk hats or some other clothing item, quality can only go so high. Price, it seems, has no limit.

EXACTLY !!!!

WHAT MAKES A FELT HAT COST $1000?????????????????

I can understand the high prices of the Panama hats that cost several hundred because of the quality and the TIME (sometimes months) that is takes to make some of them.

BUT 1K FOR A FELT HAT ??? Give me a breaklol lol lol lol [bad] [bad]

handlebar bart

Call Me a Cab
Not-Bogart13 said:
Let's be honest, shall we. Regardless if we talk hats or some other clothing item, quality can only go so high. Price, it seems, has no limit. I can't criticize Baron's in terms of quality, because I just have no personal experience with them. But having had the experience of many different hats of diverse quality, I am hard pressed to believe that there is a hat out there truly three times better than my best hat.

I can say that buying from Baron's would scare me. Not only would I dread dropping $1000 on a felt hat, but knowing what little I really know about hats and felt, the site isn't speaking in a language I understand. So, I think that Barons is more for the uniformed with money to spend, rather than people like me. You might get a fantastic hat, but they just don't read right to me. [huh]

NB13 you nailed it. :eusa_clap

DnSchlng

One of the Regulars
maybe there made on a solid gold block who knows or maybe they breed, raise, and harvest the furs from there own beavers

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy