Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats in Arkansas

Arkie773/4

New in Town
I am now here but I have noticed that several active members hail from the Natural State. This make me curious, where do you Arkansawyers get you hats? Mail order? While traveling? Local hatter? Vintage? I know of 2 custom hatters within, what I consider, driving distance of Central Arkansas. The only hat stores I know of within state lines are primary western wear shops. I do recall the long gone Philips Men’s Store on Min in Little Rock having a fairly extensive line of hats.

Spats McGee

One Too Many
As far as I can tell, there's not a "real" hat shop in Central Arkansas. For that matter, I haven't found any in the rest of Arkansas, either. On a fairly regular basis, people ask me where I get my hats, and Phillips comes up pretty often. As you noted, they're long gone. I've gotten a couple from second-hand shops around LR, one or two off ebay, and several Akubras from Australia (ordered over the internet). I also spotted a few fedoras down at Dillard's at Park Plaza Mall last year, but they seemed to be pretty pricey for what you got.

Duck

Practically Family
RBH said:
I am in the Northeast part of the state. Major Moore is a friend and hatter I visit often. He is in Covington TN.
http://www.buckaroohatters.com/
As to ordering a hat, there are several places that are members here.
I have had good luck with Peters Brothers and Miller Hats, both in Texas.
And I just ordered a straw from Hats-Plus, nice folks and great service.
Good luck!

I am in the NW corner (Fayetteville), so I don't get to the Major's like I would like to. Mike is a super guy, and knows his hats!! Can't go wrong with one from him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points