Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats off to you, ladies and gentlemen!

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Greetings ladies and gentlemen. I apologize for not posting in the proper area for an introduction, but I failed to ascertain exactly where that might be. My name is Kevin Noel Olson, and I write pulp-style adventure fiction and children's literature.

I am a fan of what I consider 'pre-atomic' pulp fiction and comic book heroes, The Shadow being arguably one of the most recognizable. I love pre-atomic sci fi and horror films, and great old films in general. I have an extremely odd desire to date either Louis Brooks or Veronica Lake. It is an odd desire given that they have long since passed on and I am married.:) I also love noir films.

I do have a fedora purchased years ago with the intent to use it in a Shadow costume. It worked with great effect. I have a slouch hat with a wider brim and a top hat. I love them very much, but have to admit to not wearing a hat on a regular basis of any kind. If I were to do so, my black fedora would be the hat of choice.

This is not meant as an 'ad' and I hope no insult is taken at posting these here, but here are links to some of my more recent published works:

Pulp fiction:
Secret Agent X: Volume 2

Children's:
Eerey Tocsin: Book 1
Entopia

Thanks for reading, and I look forward to a long and rewarding interchange here!

Best,
Kevin Noel Olson

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
By the by, the tie-tack I am wearing in the picture is from the 1939 World's Fair at Flushing Meadows in New York City. I know it's not visible, and it wasn't expensive, but I'm proud of it! My last name is actually 'Olson'. I failed to type in the final 'n', but there it is.
:)

Vintage Betty

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Welcome!

We are pleased to have you here, and look forward to joining us.

There are places for introductions and all sorts of great fellas and dames around here.

Looking forward to seeing you around the Lounge!

Vintage Betty

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Thank you for the welcome, Betty! I look forward to seeing you around the boards as well.

Vintage Betty said:
We are pleased to have you here, and look forward to joining us.

There are places for introductions and all sorts of great fellas and dames around here.

Looking forward to seeing you around the Lounge!

Vintage Betty

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Thank you for the welcome, Scion! I hope to make some intriguing friends here, as it seems to be a diverse group of people brought together by a common interest.

ScionPI2005 said:
Welcome Kevin! Thanks for that introduction; and I'm sure many others here, myself included, will enjoy looking through your writings.

Heed JT's warning, Kevin. You get into the habit of wearing a lid and you feel naked without one.
Gotta love that town of yours, by the way. For my money, it's among the best the country has to offer.

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Oh yes, I recognize your avatar.:eek: Makes me all giddy! I know that some men admire unattainable women, but with Louis being dead she's extraordinarily out-of-reach!:eusa_doh:
Thanks for the welcome and hope your reading enjoyment is immense!

carter said:
Welcome aboard, K.N.O. I look forward to reading your work. I'm sure you'll recognize the avatar. :)

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
tonyb said:
Heed JT's warning, Kevin. You get into the habit of wearing a lid and you feel naked without one.
Gotta love that town of yours, by the way. For my money, it's among the best the country has to offer.

I will heed the warning, Tony. I even hope it comes true. Yes, I do love this town o' mine, and agree with it being among the best in the country in the best country!:D

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
RBH said:
Welcome to the Lounge Mr O.
As I have quoted Jerry Jeff Walker before
"the man in the big hat is buying"
so pull up a chair and I hope you enjoy your stay!

If someone's buyin' I'm flyin'! I'm enjoying my stay already with the hearty welcome I've received here. I really appreciate it!

Kevin Noel Olso

New in Town
Wow, what a welcome! Thanks Colby and fatwoul! I am finding the people here to be extraordinary, which is a good thing in all ordinary situations.;)

Bigsleep, your artwork is awesome! I love the old automobiles. Please keep us apprised on t-shirts when they come.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy