Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hats with a black leather jacket

Doh!

One Too Many
Yeah, the jackets aren't the factor one iota. I own a brown Wested (the model worn by Ford in Raiders) and have received zero Indy comments. Slap on a fedora -- even a straw -- it's much more likely to happen. Doesn't matter if you're wearing a jacket or not.

Actually, though, the last Indy comment I got was well over a year ago and was from a person whose opinion I have zero respect for. The fact that she made it allowed me say to myself, "See? I told you she was a jerk."

One Too Many
Black Jacket

Stetson firenze in steel grey color and my black leather jacquet, since to much time ago ¡¡¡¡¡¡¡:cool::cool::cool:
2194503260106357411S600x600Q85.jpg

Cheers ¡¡¡¡¡¡

Chascomm

New in Town
I have two beautiful A2 leather jackets, but don't wear them with any of my hats to avoid the "Indiana Jones" tag.

However, I must say the other members in this thread look great in the combination. Do you all deal with the "Indy" label when wearing leather and a nice fedora?
That's the dilemma I have with my black sueded pigskin bomber jacket. I never go out without a hat, but I'm loathe to look like Indiana Jones because I don't want to reinforce any stereotypes that ghettoize hat wearers. And I'm not a big Indy fan anyway.

So I wear a flat cap with the bomber jacket.

seed

Familiar Face
I do it all the time. When it rains, I wear a raincoat. Most times, I have a brown stingy with the brim snapped up (the way I like it). I never get an Indy comment...although one guy calls me "Rocky" when he thinks he is having a clever day.

I wear Silver Belly, Grey or Black with my black leather jackets & other grey or black jackets & coats. I get "where's your whip?" comments when wearing an Open Road with a sport coat so the ones with leather jackets are hardly noticed....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner