Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you seen this rubbish?

breezer

Practically Family
my hot take is that of all the garments one could chose to wear the leather jacket is one of the hardest to pull off - and the evidence is here on this outwear thread - if it was easy there wouldn't be endless threads about sizing and fit. Nor would there be endless classifieds for barely worn jackets. Folk love the idea of a leather jacket, but the reality is that its a hard one to get right........

LOL. I read it. I often feel articles like these are created by crude AI. Like a bot designed to grab words and associations in an attempt to create a coherent article.

Failed btw. And really dated itself with the sopranos reference. That show ended 14-15 years ago? LOL. It so dumb that it’s somehow brilliant.

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
my hot take is that of all the garments one could chose to wear the leather jacket is one of the hardest to pull off - and the evidence is here on this outwear thread - if it was easy there wouldn't be endless threads about sizing and fit. Nor would there be endless classifieds for barely worn jackets. Folk love the idea of a leather jacket, but the reality is that its a hard one to get right........
That's a really good point. IMO leather jackets are extremely difficult to size properly. Just slightly too big and they look huge. Too tight and you can't move.

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
LOL. I read it. I often feel articles like these are created by crude AI. Like a bot designed to grab words and associations in an attempt to create a coherent article.

Failed btw. And really dated itself with the sopranos reference. That show ended 14-15 years ago? LOL. It so dumb that it’s somehow brilliant.
Damn, you're right. It was probably written by ChatGPT and the "author" is a mere avatar, lol. Lightweight nonsense clickbait articles like this can easily be handled by AI. Costs mere $40/month.

Aloysius

My Mail is Forwarded Here

I’d go so far as to say that even many of the guys who are “influencers” with blogs and Instagrams about leather jackets and workwear have little concept of fit (with some notable exceptions,).

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I’d go so far as to say that even many of the guys who are “influencers” with blogs and Instagrams about leather jackets and workwear have little concept of fit (with some notable exceptions,).
That's very true. Most instsgrammers know nothing Bout how jackets fit. Same with youtubers. That's why I did entire videos talking about the issue.

MrProper

Chatgpt Input: Article about old men in leatherjackets

Result:
I'm sorry, I'm not aware of any specific article about "old men in leather jackets." However, I can provide you with some general information about leather jackets.

Leather jackets are a popular style of outerwear that have been worn by men of all ages for decades. They are typically made from the hides of cows, sheep, or pigs and are known for their durability and resistance to the elements. Leather jackets can be styled in a variety of ways, from the classic bomber jacket to the more modern moto jacket. They can also be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.

In popular culture, leather jackets have been associated with rebellion and nonconformity. They have been worn by many iconic figures, such as James Dean, Marlon Brando, and The Beatles. In recent years, leather jackets have become a staple in men's fashion, with many designers creating their own unique takes on the classic style.

It is not uncommon for older men to wear leather jackets, as the style has been around for so long and has appeal across generations.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
i remember watching video on YT that tells everyman over 40 should wear black suede bomber only, while using her own husband as a model, I somehow feel women style advisors secretly want to sabotage men style to make their husband believe looking geeky and bland is the new cool so they are invisible and unapproachable by hotter younger women out there. look at their color choice, black, charcoal, beige, basically trying to make you invisible and blend in with the concrete and stucco walls invisible from peripheral views from anyone

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up

Result:
I'm sorry, I'm not aware of any specific article about "old men in leather jackets." However, I can provide you with some general information about leather jackets.

Leather jackets are a popular style of outerwear that have been worn by men of all ages for decades. They are typically made from the hides of cows, sheep, or pigs and are known for their durability and resistance to the elements. Leather jackets can be styled in a variety of ways, from the classic bomber jacket to the more modern moto jacket. They can also be dressed up or down, depending on the occasion.

In popular culture, leather jackets have been associated with rebellion and nonconformity. They have been worn by many iconic figures, such as James Dean, Marlon Brando, and The Beatles. In recent years, leather jackets have become a staple in men's fashion, with many designers creating their own unique takes on the classic style.

It is not uncommon for older men to wear leather jackets, as the style has been around for so long and has appeal across generations.
That is pretty lame. I thought AI was writing better essays. Maybe ask ChatGPT to write an essay on: "Why older men should not wear leather jackets?".

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
i remember watching video on YT that tells everyman over 40 should wear black suede bomber only, while using her own husband as a model, I somehow feel women style advisors secretly want to sabotage men style to make their husband believe looking geeky and bland is the new cool so they are invisible and unapproachable by hotter younger women out there. look at their color choice, black, charcoal, beige, basically trying to make you invisible and blend in with the concrete and stucco walls invisible from peripheral views from anyone
Every single video I've seen from a woman talking about men's style does this. Thank goodness my wife loves my taildragger jacket and doesn't want me to look like wallpaper.

El Marro

I didn’t even really start wearing leather jackets until I turned 40 so I think I am going about this all wrong…
I agree that Pitt and Clooney look lame in those jackets but that’s because they are lame jackets! Let those guys hang out with us here on the lounge for a bit and we can show them a thing or two.

Aloysius

I didn’t even really start wearing leather jackets until I turned 40 so I think I am going about this all wrong…
I agree that Pitt and Clooney look lame in those jackets but that’s because they are lame jackets! Let those guys hang out with us here on the lounge for a bit and we can show them a thing or two.

Hugh Laurie is ‘one of us’, as is Ralph Lauren. Jason Momoa would be except Freewheelers had no idea how to make a jacket for someone taller than 5’5 or wider than a 36 chest, so his looks ridiculous lol.

leather.be

One of the Regulars
Absolutely. And you just wonder why even the vegans want their vegan leather jackets as well. They are in high demand as a fact......
I'm vegan but if I had to choose between veganism and a great leather jacket... Luckily I don't have to. Then again I don't do veganism for ethical reasons. But yes even my 70 year old step mum told me that leather jackets are really in right now. No idea where she heard that...a few months ago it was penny loafers. If you guys want me to keep you posted on the next trend just let me know ;)

leather.be

One of the Regulars

Result:

I asked chatgpt "is a burgundy leather jacket a sensible purchase for a man?" It eloquently put together many reasons I hadn't thought of why a burgundy leather jacket would be a very sensible purchase and then I ended up buying dudewutthehecks Rainbow Country burgundy A2 that night. No regrets. I'm in love. Remarkable app that chatgpt.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
IMO leather jackets are extremely difficult to size properly. Just slightly too big and they look huge. Too tight and you can't move.

I'm going to have to disagree here. If it's a good pattern then the jacket will look good even though it's not perfectly sized.

Here's the same jacket worn by guys size 38 - 40 - 42

AF3CC971-462A-4276-BD60-00504E8C92DD.jpeg
337B2442-781F-4233-BEA4-46FE41CE09BD.jpeg

5904CACD-95D7-48F4-89E9-ED4341F34F9E.jpeg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch