Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks for the comments fellas. I do enjoy all these shirts and what they represent, kick back, relax, forget the real world and make some paradise where your at.

GHT, I always wear a tee shirt with my button ups, helps a bit. Getting harder to find deep-v necks though. I really wish I could be back-lit while wearing it like the pix of it outside though. Tip of the hat to your talented wife, your a lucky guinea pig ;)

Nice tat Dale.

BH, I'm not throwing in the towel on Avanti, they make cotton shirts as well which I prefer anyway. Although my particular silk one is suffering, it's possible the issues are from environmental factors. I'm not the original owner and have no idea how it was cared for/stored. I still consider it a prize though.

GHT that is an excellent rt.66 design. Your wife did a fantastic job! You've definitely got a couple of winners. (Wife and shirt)
I'm very partial to rt.66 stuff
In case you hadn't figured that out.

I'm partial to old US Rt 1. Probably because I have seen it change over the years.

rt1.jpg

6ave2eha.jpg

Vintage re-pop of a 40s/50s pattern by Hilo Hattie in rayon.
aju4amup.jpg

A copy of this, in a different color scheme. From this book
apy2u7u7.jpg

It came with a little bonus. Details in the Hawaiian shirts and fedoras thread.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Probably should have waited to post this one but too stoked. Fresh out of the envelope and wrinkly but WAY better condition than I expected. One of my favorite brands but genuine vintage, The Kahala, listed as cotton but no tags. I really think this is NOS, it's just so crisp with gradual color fading on top of collar and sleeves. Button holes were so tight I could barely unbutton it. $26 delivered! Too windy for my preferred outdoor light conditions so full on shots with flash.

Tag dates to 50s

Double pleats on back

Loop collar, natural light and best color rendition

2 piece metal buttons "spin" for heads up buttoning. Says "Hawaii" and features cameo of King Kalakaua

Small random Japanese block print theme

Like my other vintage shirt, pocket doesn't match

Random shot of print

Great find Mike! Congrats! I like the colors in the random little scenes, and really dig the totally 50s look of the squiggly, crackly lines all over the background. And I'm also very partial to the Asian motifs for some reason. Definitely a keeper!

Here you go Mike....
ebu8azeb.jpg

I think KY's is a contract maker for other labels as well. I found them through a google search. This is the first shirt I've bought new in as long as I can remember. I scored it from a site called Mahalo shirts, they had pretty decent prices.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Dale. Very decent prices indeed plus you found one in EZ to wear cotton. I hate paying retail too but I broke down and did today for another Koi shirt from Avanti. Stay tuned.........

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I finally caught up with this thread again and two more outstanding shirts on display gents.
It took me a minute to click with the KY comment, because jelly is something you eat here! lol
I think you guys might call it jell-o?

Thanks Dale. Very decent prices indeed plus you found one in EZ to wear cotton. I hate paying retail too but I broke down and did today for another Koi shirt from Avanti. Stay tuned.........

The koinobori (kite) one?
I study that site like a kid studies the Sears catalog at Christmas time (or used to any way). There's half a dozen I'd buy tomorrow, but there's about that many kids at my house that are always hungry. One day......

I finally caught up with this thread again and two more outstanding shirts on display gents.
It took me a minute to click with the KY comment, because jelly is something you eat here! lol
I think you guys might call it jell-o?
Thanks Benny H.
You are cracking me up.....
Jelly is something you eat here too, just not the KY kind.
Jell-o is a different thing altogether, more of a dessert I suppose. It's passable enough with vodka in it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy