Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This is a great shirt, well it's a great colour, because I can wear my Esther hat with it. the colours contrast beautifully.
shoes 010.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This photo was seen on the: "What Hat?" thread. I've reproduced it here because it's such a strong colour, it's also the one that gets regularly complimented with: "Where did you get your shirt?" It was also a surprise birthday gift. So I have many reasons to love this shirt.
aloha 41.jpg
And here's the detail:
shirts 171.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Thanks Mike, I really loved the hula-hula girls on that Diamond Head shirt of your's. Trying to trace such a thing through Google throws up all sorts of flotsam, but no hula-hula girls.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The striking colours on this shirt are very strong, but they do lend themselves to a matching light coloured straw hat, or, as here, a dark, black in this case, felt. Look at the depiction of the small bird, it almost looks real.
aloha 046.JPG

You have an enviable collection of aloha shirts GHT. Made even more so considering how many are custom tailored.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

GHT

I'll Lock Up
You have an enviable collection of aloha shirts GHT. Made even more so considering how many are custom tailored.

+1,congrats.

Thanks for the compliments guys, it's much appreciated. I'm proud to share with you my wife's work, she's been sewing, making her own, and other's clothes, from the age of eight. When we were newlyweds, she made all the soft furnishings around the house, from curtains, bedspreads, cushion covers, sheets, you name it, she made it. And all in a classic style.
There's one garment I'm particularly hoping you all get to see, I mustn't be seen to twist someone's arm, but there's a certain milliner from Belgium that might model a dress for us, one day.

EstherWeis

Vendor
Thanks for the compliments guys, it's much appreciated. I'm proud to share with you my wife's work, she's been sewing, making her own, and other's clothes, from the age of eight. When we were newlyweds, she made all the soft furnishings around the house, from curtains, bedspreads, cushion covers, sheets, you name it, she made it. And all in a classic style.
There's one garment I'm particularly hoping you all get to see, I mustn't be seen to twist someone's arm, but there's a certain milliner from Belgium that might model a dress for us, one day.

I almost wore it today, but it was too hot outside. I will take it out for a whirl soon!
I have found the perfect hat to go with it in my closet as well!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I have found the perfect hat to go with it in my closet as well!
Of that I was absolutely certain. Now I'm intrigued, would it be a large, big brimmed, Caro Emerald-esque? Or maybe a period cloche, which you wear so well? Or perhaps it's one of your fabulous fedoras?
Esther, Tina sends her compliments, she wants you to know how much she loves seeing me in the hat that you made, she just loves the colour. Also, would you let me know if the petticoat hasn't arrived by Tuesday next. (17th)

Tonight we are going to a burlesque show. Tina will be styling the performers hair. It's yet another string to her bow. She doesn't trim or cut their hair, just styles it in a vintage or period style of the girl's choice. Burlesque is all about parody, and although all the ladies in the audience get dressed up and into the swing of the show, most guys are reticent to wear anything but the usual jeans and a T shirt. Not so, your's truly. I shall wear this shirt and hat, I may wrap the white hat band around it, maybe not. As a parody, I shall wear a white tux, double breasted of course, along with black, high waisted trousers and my black and white patent leather spectators.
aloha 047.JPG aloha 048.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
The pattern on this shirt has always been a mystery. The flowers resemble birds of paradise, but are they actual flowers or an artists vivid imagination? I've never been able to find out. Fabulous print though.
aloha 050.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Last night, we went to a rather good 1920's/30's inspired dance. Normally I would take a few photos on my phone, but as we were well scrubbed up, with me in white tie and tails no less, we took the camera. For some reason the photos look all fuzzy and completely out of focus, that's not happened to me since the days of 35mm film. Never mind, you can look the band up, even hear them, if you wish. They are The Red Fez Orchestra.
Given that I was at a classic car show yesterday, and in the evening a vintage inspired dance, I just had to wear my lovely Great Gatsby shirt. The trilby lends itself to the shirt, even my missus, who doesn't like this trilby, agrees that shirt and hat are a good combo.
aloha 051.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Not all of my shirts are made at the fair hand of my personal seemstress. People, short of gift ideas, often treat me to some really rather remarkable shirts. Like this one from The Pineapple Collection label.
And just as not all my shirts are bespoke, so to, not all of my hats are fedoras. This "Pork-Pie" is from Lock & Co, milliners in London's St. James' Street.
aloha 052.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
About an hour ago the sun was making an effort, and now the heavens have opened up, the straw wouldn't have lasted minutes. I shall probably wear a good felt if I have to go out, but I'm keeping the shirt on. Palm trees, surfboards & woodies, only the sunshine is missing: Some only.
alhoa 053.jpg

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Keeping with the Woodie theme, how I would love a 40's Woodie car, this shirt depicting Woodies, beauties and flora, is a hint for the sunshine to make a return. I've got a busy weekend coming up, a lot of it outdoors, so the sun needs much encouraging.
trousers 009.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I've got a busy weekend coming up, a lot of it outdoors, so the sun needs much encouraging.
You know how sometimes you pray for something and it just never seems to happen? As a boy, I was told that the line to the Lord was permanently engaged. Nowadays it could be said that His signal might be down.
Well I wonder if there was a moment yesterday when my request went straight through? Or is that bamboo pattern on my shirt really marijuana?
Grateful thanks for a fine weekend.
aloha 053.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nextstop1derland