Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Poor Cindy, hope she's not feeling too sheepish.
Thanks for the compliment Bob.

We went to a rather good re-enactment gig last night. I loved the way it was set up, some re-enactors are so into that scene it becomes the be all and end all, but last night we had to arrive in a formal uniform and then as the evening wore on, we 'had a 48 hour pass.' In other words out of the uniform and into something informal for a dance and a drink or two.
I must have had a drop too much, for the life of me I don't know how I deleted the shirt photo yet retained the uniform one.
FSCN0062.jpg

However, as Tina is getting ready and I'm all done, just waiting for her, I snucked last night's shirt out of the wash, smoothed the creases out and posed. By the way, the reason Tina is getting ready, we are off to Drive & Jive, a monthly breakfast gig at a truckstop near Portsmouth. Here's last night's shirt, albeit a tad crumpled.
aloha 134.JPG

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
That cabin looks gorgeous (and so do your shirts, obviously!).
Thank you, kind of you to say so. My wife Tina, does have an artistic talent, she's been making her own clothes from the age of eight. Her Aunt, her Dad's sister, taught her, she just took to it like some children can play the piano almost like they are born with the knowledge.
If you go to any of the UK's vintage events, and would like your hair in the period style, you will have to let me know, Tina does that too. Scroll back a few pages and you will see a photo of six ladies in identical dresses, Tina did their hair.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
This hat is a particular favourite of mine, it's so versatile. Worn with this shirt it simply looks the part. The shirt is vibrant with it's green and white floral design, whilst the black background gives it a subtlety, which the hat compliments so well.
aloha 140.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Sadly, my Harley days are over, well not over, but I have become a wimp, preferring the warmth of a car's interior to that of the saddle of a motor bike. All that's left of those halcyon days is this reminder of what it once was.
Actually I really don't miss all the arrogance of drivers, today's roads are deadly for those on two wheels.
aloha 141.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Some shirts of mine attract more responses than others, this is one of them. The boldness of the design makes a statement. Often people will say: "Some shirt." A few have said that they wouldn't be seen dead in it, or a similar derogatory remark. They are the ones who always seem to look like they have slept in their clothes. But whether it's complimentary or otherwise, at least my attire draws a response.
The colour(s) of this shirt makes it so easy to choose a hat to wear with it. I don't have one of those beautiful, rich colour hats that you see on the What Hat thread. A deep maroon or a bottle green, my blue eyes and fair hair lend themselves more easily to lighter hues. But a grey felt or a classic straw sets the shirt off a treat, and I can almost guarantee that someone will say something.
aloha 143.JPG aloha 144.JPG

fiftyforfifty

Sponsoring Affiliate
You are a man of good taste sir, the MG had real class before it became a badge engineered clone.
Late evening and a shirt that allows various colour trousers to either match or contrast it. A bamboo design that has more than a passing nod to the cannabis plant.
What shirt are you smoking?
View attachment 52657
What a great shirt, hat and shirt combination looking simply superb

GHT

I'll Lock Up
What a great shirt, hat and shirt combination looking simply superb
You flatter me Sir, but I love it. And by that I mean, I love passing on all the compliments to the lady who made my shirts. She gets all girly and just about manages to say: "Aw shucks, say thank you for me."
Job done.

And just an update. The reason that I have been posting a lot less is because I'm working again. Like all things, the pre-planning went out of the window and the whole thing has grown like topsy. It's exhausting but exhilarating. Don't worry, I'll be back, there's some new shirts in the pipeline.

Last edited:

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Old cars seem to have a note, I can always tell when the MG needs the tappets adjusting. The noise has a sort of rhythm. Love the shirt, love the shirt, love the shirt.
Alright, I made that last bit up, but whenever the car's tune goes 'off' it means a quick trip to the garage.
aloha 152.JPG

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Another busy weekend coming up, we will be at a heritage railway on Friday evening, they do an exclusive dinner, and as I like the trains and Tina likes dining out, it suits us both. I shall probably wear something formal but I am tempted to turn up in vintage steam engine shirt.
shirts 172.JPG

Thinking about it, I might just do that, wear it under my blue linen suit, but in case all the men are wearing something more formal, I will take along a quick change.
aloha 167.jpg

Another busy weekend coming up, we will be at a heritage railway on Friday evening, they do an exclusive dinner, and as I like the trains and Tina likes dining out, it suits us both. I shall probably wear something formal but I am tempted to turn up in vintage steam engine shirt.
View attachment 54695

Thinking about it, I might just do that, wear it under my blue linen suit, but in case all the men are wearing something more formal, I will take along a quick change.
View attachment 54696
Wow!!

GHT

I'll Lock Up
So busy this weekend, where does the time go? This shirt really goes well with the lemon linen pants that Tina bought, then altered to give them a vintage look, finished off with my green and cream Gibson shoes.
cc 005.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112