Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian Shirts - Aloha Shirts

Wash'n wear fabrics are my favorites.

Agreed. Although I dearly love the fit and drape of my rayon shirts, there's nothing like a little ice cream covered kid hand to make a necessity out of machine washable.

I really dig the volcano one, too.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk

All right.. here's one I found buried in back of the closet when we moved
gu8u2epa.jpg

I call this one "the mullet" because it's business up front...
je5ybuja.jpg

and party in the rear.
This is an older (early 90s) vintage reproduction by Kennington
y5ujana2.jpg

Last edited:

bl@ster

One of the Regulars
Reyn Spooner "Spooner Cloth" reverse print tiki print, vintage print by Alfred Shaheen. BTW, the print Elvis Presley wore on the cover of "Blue Hawaii" is a Shaheen.

3fff5ce7_haw_new_17.jpeg

Tiki print is fantastic! Very cool. I like the other too, the way the colors pop against the dark background.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Nice one.

I agree, my favorite shirts tend to be the subtle toned down ones. Really like the color combo on that one.

However, once in a while I feel loud and this one suits the occasion. Technically not an Aloha but clearly inspired by and in the same spirit as, and from a tropical island nation too, Mambo Loud, a popular brand in Australia. 100% rayon, coconut buttons, and Loud! I've posted this shirt previously in the Hawaiian shirts and fedoras thread but not here:

Last edited:
I hear ya Mike! Loud and clear. All killer!
Do any folks up in the Pacific Northwest observe Dias de Los Muertos? That would be perfect for the occasion, although up your way it might be too cool for an aloha shirt that time of year. If so, blow on down hear and celebrate with us.
Nice one man.

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Thanks Dale, knew this one was right up your alley. Not sure if DOTD is celebrated up here, sure it must be somewhere but not as big a deal as Cinco de Mayo is. Course, Cinco de Mayo is no big deal in Mexico from what I've heard but makes for good business at restaurants in the USA.

Aahh yes...Cinco de Drinko. It's like the St. Patrick's Day of margaritas down here too.

Both are very nice. I am especially enamored of the flamingo one. I really like the color, and love the flamingo theme.

e6a5u7ep.jpg
8upuvy6a.jpg

Just pulled this out of the mailbox. I've been after a koi print for awhile now, and I got this one for a steal......$5

mikespens

Call Me a Cab
Yeah you stole it Dale. I've been looking for a Koi shirt for a while too. Looks nice, what are the details (brand, material)?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80