Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hawaiian shirts and fedoras

GHT

I'll Lock Up
@GTH

The fifth is a great one!
Thank you all for your compliments, I passed them on and got her usual response: "Aw shucks!"

That fifth one gave me some reservations, not about how 'loud' it is, but how would I match it to
an appropriate pair of pants? Amazingly it contrasts perfectly with all my summer trousers. A purple background,
who would have guessed?

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Lucky guy GHT and I bet you'd be easy to spot in London.
Just as I take my classic car out almost every day, I also wear a different Hawaiian/Tropical/Novel shirt everyday.
I'm well known in my local supermarket as the guy in the hat with: "the shirts."

If you are new to the forum, the sewing cabin is on page 88 of the:
"Gentlemen, show us what you made, forum." It looks like this:

Last edited:

Ginseng

One of the Regulars
Brilliant photos, gents! I've been inspired.

I took my family to Hawaii this summer and had occasion to bring my Campdraft Deluxe for daily wear. While there, I picked up a few nice Hawaiian shirts. Here is a photo taken today while we were out for lunch and coffee. I'm wearing the tribute hat to my father and a Royal Hawaiian Creations sea turtle shirt bought at Hilo Hattie's. I hope it fits with the spirit of the thread.

Attachments

• Hat4FatherIMG_8478.jpg
    Hat4FatherIMG_8478.jpg
    779.2 KB · Views: 124

GHT

I'll Lock Up
Ginseng, Mike is right, it's a great hat the works well with the shirt. And respect to you for your tribute to your Father.
Zombie, thanks for the compliment, you are right too, she does line up the front panels and breast pocket, so that it looks a complete canvas when worn. Here's a close up of those two more novel, rather than tropical shirts. Look closely, there is a pocket and shirt buttons there.

Last edited:

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
Ginsing; The turtle shirt is elegant and classy. Oh yes, the fedora offers a great bold backdrop to the shirt. You wear them both comfortably. Cheers sir.

GHT; Wow, you got shirt! I can see why you are know in your neighborhood as the hat and shirt man. Praise the spouse and wear the shirt!

Best, Eric -

GHT

I'll Lock Up
GHT; Wow, you got shirt! I can see why you are know in your neighborhood as the hat and shirt man. Praise the spouse and wear the shirt!

Best, Eric -
You are too kind Eric, thank you.

Has anyone ever seen something that they particularly like on the internet, and not acted on it? I saw a fabric, printed with classic MG cars, a while back,
didn't save it to favourites or even note the website, I wanted my wife to see it before buying it. Never been able to find it again. So annoying.
But my wife has bought this print of vintage racing cars, when it's finished I'll post the picture. In the meantime, if anyone does come across a fabric, printed with old MG's, do let me know.
As well as Hawaiian shirts, does anyone have a liking for what I describe as novel printed shirts? You may have seen these before, but they are just an example of what I mean, do show them if you have any.

GHT

I'll Lock Up
I have a liking for that Rte. 66 one, GHT!
Coincidently, I saw a similar shirt, in this patterned-fabric, on a website somewhere. But, I can't remember if the asking price was eighty dollars or eighty pounds. Once I saw that the material was 50% polyester, I moved on. Polyester is hard wearing and keeps it's shape well, but there must be something in the polymer that disagrees with me. It makes my armpits itch.
There are a number of Route 66 versions, I like that one for it's clarity.
Was Billy Connolly's travels along Route 66 screened in the US? His mode of transport was a Harley Trike. Not what you would call a travel show, Billy being anything but conventional, he sought out the eccentric, the comical and the "Only in America."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran