Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Headscarf

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
ahhh :) I don't think I will join, myspace is enough for me :) You could try hosting the images on something like imageshack or photobucket, they are free. Once you host the image, copy the direct url link, start a new message here, hit the little icon above that looks like a mountain and a sun, and paste the url into the window that pops up. Your image, like magic, will appear in your message :)

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
This thread sort of died, so I thought I'd start it back up again.

I work in a box office, and tonight was performance night so I needed to look nice. However, my hair was a mess so I just threw it up in a little Rosie the Riveter-esque bandana. I was really pleased with how it turned out considering the last few times I tried this it turned out miserably. I know it's normally a casual look, but I dressed it up with a black dress, stockings and heels.

What do you think, ladies? Is it acceptable?

S6300784.jpg

The Shirt

Practically Family
You look darling. I cannot figure out how to pull this look off on myself. I don't know whether I am feeling too old to wear it or what. Which makes me a little sad when I see how cute is on on you.

Inky

One Too Many
You look adorable, MadelienneBlack. I love a nice Rosie style bandana look.

Shirt
, don't feel old - I wear one several times a month when I am too lazy to do the back of my hair. I had to try a bunch of times before I "got it" and find that having a roll or pomp at the front helps it look better on me (or so I think anyway!). Pics here and here.

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
I wore a head scarf out in public for the first time the other week. Stupidly I didn't take photos, but at the time I wasn't sure if I was going to be brave enough. I was heading to lunch at a girlfriends in the city, all tizzed up and had spent a long time on my hair, but it was blowing a gale outside. Rather than risk it I put a scarf in my bag in case. It was only at the last minute that I got out of the car and decided I was brave enough to wear it for 5 city blocks while walking there. So I tied it on a 'la Grace Kelly ( or HRH Elizabeth if you like) and hid behind my huge black glasses. As I walked up the street it was like the red sea parting. ( I was also carrying a basket of scones, which is pretty odd in the city) People's jaws were literally dropping open, but surprisingly I got lots of compliments as I walked past. I think my bravery quotient has now increased exponentially in the headscarf department.

MadelienneBlack

One of the Regulars
SuperKawaiiMama said:
It was only at the last minute that I got out of the car and decided I was brave enough to wear it for 5 city blocks while walking there. So I tied it on a 'la Grace Kelly ( or HRH Elizabeth if you like) and hid behind my huge black glasses.

Aw, I bet you looked fabulous! Congrats on being brave enough to wear it out! :eusa_clap

Odalisque

A-List Customer
SuperKawaiiMama said:
I wore a head scarf out in public for the first time the other week. Stupidly I didn't take photos, but at the time I wasn't sure if I was going to be brave enough. I was heading to lunch at a girlfriends in the city, all tizzed up and had spent a long time on my hair, but it was blowing a gale outside. Rather than risk it I put a scarf in my bag in case. It was only at the last minute that I got out of the car and decided I was brave enough to wear it for 5 city blocks while walking there. So I tied it on a 'la Grace Kelly ( or HRH Elizabeth if you like) and hid behind my huge black glasses. As I walked up the street it was like the red sea parting. ( I was also carrying a basket of scones, which is pretty odd in the city) People's jaws were literally dropping open, but surprisingly I got lots of compliments as I walked past. I think my bravery quotient has now increased exponentially in the headscarf department.

I bet you were stopping traffic with your Grace Kelly vibe! With looks like yours, you really shouldn't have any bravery issues in any department. Next time, give us some pictures! :D

SuperKawaiiMama

One of the Regulars
Odalisque and Madelinne Black: Thank you. Next time I definitely will take some pictures. It's funny, cause I am very brave when it comes to most things, but I had my reservations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner