Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello...

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Just thought I'd say a quick hello as I'm new here.

Being a firm fan of the "old" and "classic" ever since I can remember I look forward to lounging at the Lounge.

Cheers,

Smithy.

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
Thanks for the very kind welcome!

And Belly nice to know there's another Kiwi. I see you're in Denmark...I was living in Norway 2 years ago and am moving back again next year (my fiance's Norwegian). More antipodeans in Scandinavia then!

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Marc Chevalier said:
Have an absinthe! With sugar or no?

With sugar please, preferably on fire:)

Welcome to The Fedora Lounge Smithy. I hope you find this place as friendly and knowledge filled as much as I do.
As others have stated, the party's just getting started. Wow, our membership certainly is growing by leaps and bounds. So many great new people with wonderful contributions of facts and information. What could be better?!!
Feel comfortable with hanging your hat on the rack by the door. Pull up a stool and dive into a conversation or ten.
Enjoy and Welcome,
Daisy

Daisy Buchanan

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Absinthe_1900 said:
Don't mix it with Champagne, it tastes terrible that way.:eusa_doh:
I hear that was Ernest Hemingway's favorite way to partake in the green fairy. I've never tried it that way, just doesn't sound very appealing. I love champagne, and I really like the licorice taste of absinthe, just don't think the two flavors match very well. Just my two cents... I'll take mine with melted absinthe sugar.

FreddieVonRost

New in Town
Smithy said:
Just thought I'd say a quick hello as I'm new here.

Being a firm fan of the "old" and "classic" ever since I can remember I look forward to lounging at the Lounge.

Cheers,

Smithy.

A warm welcome from a relative newcomer. Like the avatar. Shame about Tim's early journey to that great racing circut in the sky.

chippler

New in Town
I also just wanted to say hello. My name is Chris and i'm from Australia. I love old hats, especially Australian army slouch hats. I have a nice little collection of them but I hope to keep it growing.

Anyway I hope to get to know all of you over time.

- Chris

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
FreddieVonRost said:
A warm welcome from a relative newcomer. Like the avatar. Shame about Tim's early journey to that great racing circut in the sky.
Freddie, you should get hold of and read his book, not the easiest to come by but a great, great read.

And gidday Chippler, nice to have some reinforcements from this part of the world. Well done in the cricket by the way ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maxraff