Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hello!

Raffles

New in Town
Just thought I'd say hi and let u guys know how great I think this site is. I usually don't join, post or even read forums but I get the feeling I'll be cropping up an awful lot here! It'll be nice to get some unbiased opinions on retrogear without some unscrupulous salesman trying to influence me. The less said of the Victorian spats incident the better I think.

Brad A. Cox

Familiar Face
You made a good pick with this forum. It is the bomb!!! People actually have manners here. No computer kung-fu at the Fedora Lounge allowed. It don't mean a thing if it ain't got that swing. :cool2:

Raffles

New in Town
Andykev said:
I dont know what is the Victorian spats incident is ..........

Well I was out to replace a rather tatty pair of Spats when I happened along a quite acceptable pair of modern day repros in a vintage clothing store in Glasgow. There was no price tag so I asked the assistant how much they were. The price she then quoted was very high. When asked to explain why she replied "It's because they're original Victorian spats.". To which I replied "If they're Victorian then why is there velcro behind the buttons and the date 1977 stamped on the inside?". She refused to answer this question but slashed the price substatially.
I have since happened upon a lot more modern repros masquerading as real items in a few other stores. It can sometimes be quite difficult to tell the real from the fake especially with rare items. Anyone else have this problem?

Raffles

New in Town
Oh yes I'm very familiar with the chap. I've been an avid reader from day one. It's a great source of retro fashion ideas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran