Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help..I need a name!!

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
I spoke to a friend a few weeks ago who owns a shi shi boutique in LA ( Vintage of course) and asked me if I was ready to start making my own line of hats that she would then sell from her shop ( as well as mine). She has watched my progress over the years and has been pushing me toward the design side as she likes what I do. It got me really thinking about how I could make things differently from a design standpoint and what these pics are is to my first attempt at "different" while maintaining classic lines
Feedback is not only wanted but needed. Also, what can I call this style???? AndyKev & I had lunch today & kicked around some things but want to wait to hear from you before putting them out there.
Charcoal
112_1204.jpg

112_1205.jpg

112_1207.jpg

Moss Green
112_1208.jpg

112_1209.jpg

Thanks

Art

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Great!

If anyone even suggests calling your new line "Works of Art " I am gonna scream!:eek:

I think you should stick to VS or your name Vintage Silhouettes - "Vintage for Today".

Ok, I'm not Madison Avenue..

BTW...these hats look great in person, extremely well made. Art, you are arriving!

Butters

New in Town
I personally would like to chip in in the theard even though i told you how i feel already.

#1. ive never been good with naming things, but i really love those hats.

#2. that line down the hats crown is quite interesting, i cant say ive seen another hat like it. very nice, and adds a smidge of class.

#3. Are you going to have more options with the felts? maybe some more pure (purer is what i mean by that, just not sure its proper word) beaver felts?

#4. well thats pretty much it =-/

anyway, love the new design, i personally prefer would like the top line but i would if possible lose the side ones.

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Andy, I actually didn't mean a company name but rather a way to describe this hat style through a name like "Open Road" ( taken I know).
Thanks Butters. Yes, I will be offering it in different felt grades & colors but am waiting on more felt info before I introduce them with any more specificity.

Andykev

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh...I get it. Well, that crease looks a lot like the mole when they burrow in my veggie garden....so how about "Burrow Brim'? Or....."Furrow Felt"........

Ok. Just kidding.

Whipcord? Crest Crease? Ritz-Ridge?

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
I think "Fawcett" has a nice ring, as in "I'd really like a Fawcett crown on my next hat."

Did you do that with a block from underneath the felt, or on top of the felt?

Brad Bowers

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Did you do that with a block from underneath the felt, or on top of the felt?

HUH??? Oh, I first pre blocked it, marked where I wanted them, then took it off & sewn the ridges from the top, then reblocked from there. It's a bit more work but.. I actually can't take credit for this design. I copied a hat from the late 40s that I have had stashed away just for this purpose. I figure if it hasn't been used in the last 50 yrs then what the heck, it's new again, right??

Butters

New in Town
i too like "fawcett" it has a nice ring to it, it would fit in well "oh i just bought a borsalino, a fawcett, and a stetson fedora" it just sounds right.

Wild Root

Gone Home
Art, those look nice! The stitched in details are unique. I have been thinking of some names for other models you may offer. Let?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s see now?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ How about, Prince Deluxe, or maybe?¢‚Ǩ¬¶ The Metropolitan or, Metropolis. That style looks kind of 30?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s futuristic to me.

Oh, I know, ?¢‚Ǩ?ìArt?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s Deco?¢‚Ǩ?LOL LOL LOL he he I know, that?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢s bad. Well, I?¢‚Ǩ‚Ñ¢ll think of some more yet.

Take care,

Root

STHill

One of the Regulars
I like Andykev's suggestion, "Whipcord", for the name of the style. The style, itself, I didn't care for at first, but, I'll have to admit, it's growing on me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic