Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help identifying a jacket

CFDOC

New in Town
I think this may be a Beck cafe racer 666 racing shirt. It has a lot of characteristics: single snap collar but 2 snap ends, bi-swing arms, the curved shape back panel, O-ring zipper pulls, felt pockets, vintage talon zippers. Thanks.

Attachments

• _MG_5814.jpg
    _MG_5814.jpg
    612.4 KB · Views: 113
  • _MG_5815.jpg
    _MG_5815.jpg
    813.6 KB · Views: 112
  • _MG_5822.jpg
    _MG_5822.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 120
  • _MG_5839.jpg
    _MG_5839.jpg
    483.4 KB · Views: 118

technovox

One Too Many
I think you're right. I just compared your pics to my Beck cafe racer...and they match. The collar tab, snaps, ring pulls, main zip, and pocket lining look exactly the same. Good score- Becks made some of the most beautiful vintage cafe racer jackets around.

CFDOC

New in Town
thanks for the reply. Yea I had my suspicions after googling a lot of images. The jacket was relined and so the tag went with it. There area traces of the original lining; most of what is left looks to be black (and this is just on the trim) but there are slivers of a red-orange color so maybe that was the original lining.

technovox

One Too Many
Clarification- Mine is actually a Beck-Arnley.
It still has the original lining- black satin with a small repeated pattern of embossed criss-crossing. but no slivers of red orange. Also the main zip is a large tab Talon. The main zipper tape appears to be slightly brown although the jacket is black.
BTW what I love most about this jacket is the leather- it's very thick and has taken on a beautiful patina. And the fit on this Beck jacket really suits my body type.
It's been sitting in my closet for a while- I'll have to put it back in rotation now that the weather has cooled a bit here in town.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buhles