Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help Identifying Crosszip ?

TheGuitarFairy

Practically Family
Happy holidays Friends ..
Waddya' think this thing is?
Thanks! M
00i0i_74ELggyGeMC_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_eBnKzLDnvwa_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

01313_i21zkYlibPm_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

Kubatu

A-List Customer
I'm not really all that familiar with older makers, but if it helps at all, the jacket looks to have diamond Talon zippers on the chest pockets, which would mean 1940s-1950s. I cannot make out the zipper and its pull box, but you could post a picture or look at it yourself to compare it to this thread, which would help further with the dating.

I’m thinking it’s an early HH Fidelity or Excelled. Leaning toward Fidelity though. The snap belt leads me to believe that. Hard to say though.

Hm, I'd say it's something much older. Never saw a Fidelity with a cord lined hem & red lining myself and especially not one without pocket zipper piping. I think pockets like that went out of style before the 60's but that's just guessing on my part.

I would be inclined to believe that this is a very good example of a true 50's Guide Master by Wolf Outerwear if it wasn't for the separate kidney panel on the back. All the Guide Master jackets that I've seen had a clean, single piece back. So I can't say for sure but it's a close call.

Maybe @Mysteryo can shed some light on the matter?

s-l1600fid-jpg.167483

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hm, I'd say it's something much older. Never saw a Fidelity with a cord lined hem & red lining myself and especially not one without pocket zipper piping. I think pockets like that went out of style before the 60's but that's just guessing on my part.

I would be inclined to believe that this is a very good example of a true 50's Guide Master by Wolf Outerwear if it wasn't for the separate kidney panel on the back. All the Guide Master jackets that I've seen had a clean, single piece back. So I can't say for sure but it's a close call.

Maybe @Mysteryo can shed some light on the matter?

s-l1600fid-jpg.167483

Guide Master is also the first thing that came to my mind.

Maybe @Mysteryo can help?

Edit: just noticed you already turned on the "Mysteryo bat sign", my bad

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran