Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help in identifying this shirt

Widebrim

I'll Lock Up
Okay, is this military, or perhaps para-military, law enforcement, or none of the aforementioned? I picked it up at a Goodwill, and it has no tags. It doesn't look to be U.S. Army or Marine Corps, but might be European(?). Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Photo81.jpg
Photo76.jpg
Photo83.jpg
Photo77.jpg
Photo79.jpg
Photo80.jpg

Gene

Practically Family
Those pocket flaps look very Marine Corps to me. I can't tell from the photos, is it flannel or cotton? You may have a nice WWII USMC winter service shirt.

Gene

Practically Family
It's flannel, Gene. It does look very close to Marine Corps, but the pocket flaps on the shirt you posted appear to be slightly rounded. Still, it might be USMC.

It could be a tailored or private purchase example. Also a lot of times the patterns in the contracts given out to companies to produce the shirts were very vague and it could be just a specific maker quirk. But I'm betting that it's USMC.

Bomber1941

New in Town
It is a enlisted ( No shoulder tabs) USMC wool winter service shirt, I have 2 myself and 1 USAAF check the date and contract no. inside the lower flap. Nice looking shirt!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925