Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help me buy a leather jacket!

Edward

Bartender
Got my Vanson Chopper today.

What a day.
Good choice. I have, and like very much, a Schott 618, but I find Schott a bit pricey these days (mine was second hand). Here in the UK, Schott and Vanson are on a par pricewise, but imo the Vanson is a far superior jacket for riding in.

Peacoat

Bartender
Good choice. I have, and like very much, a Schott 618, but I find Schott a bit pricey these days (mine was second hand). Here in the UK, Schott and Vanson are on a par pricewise, but imo the Vanson is a far superior jacket for riding in.

I have both and agree that the Vanson is superior. Not only in hide selection (Vanson has the best steer I have ever seen), but also in the quality of build.

Gint

New in Town
Took a quick snap, you can just about see the bottom of my belt buckle at the bottom, so its pretty much inline.

Attachments

• IMG_8195.JPG
    IMG_8195.JPG
    206 KB · Views: 707

Gint

New in Town
All depends on who you ask. If YOU like it, it's fine. Here, the opinions run the gamut. Also, it depends if you ride and what you ride...

It fits pretty much as any photo I have seen of it on a person.

Gint

New in Town
So wearing it now a few days in a row.

Im in it for the long run, hahah, its stiff as hell but its simply amazing. Getting lots of compliments from friends on it.

Its fantastic.

BobJ

Practically Family
"Unless you're having at least one dark night of the soul a week about the amount of money you've just splurged, you're just not trying."

That's funny Sloan! You go WAAAY beyond being just a run of the mill enabler! It's like you're the devil himself! Love it!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
"Unless you're having at least one dark night of the soul a week about the amount of money you've just splurged, you're just not trying."

That's funny Sloan! You go WAAAY beyond being just a run of the mill enabler! It's like you're the devil himself! Love it!
PAWINEGUY holds the title of "Greatest Enabler of All Time!" :D

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up

And I'm intent on dragging you all with me - if I'm going to bankrupt myself, I don't see why I should do it alone!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
The influence of enablers is directly proportional to the number of posts, and Mr. Sloan has 5,931 posts, likely to exceed 6,000 by the end of this week. :D

dudewuttheheck

I'll Lock Up
I agree with Sloan completely! If you don't spend at least an hour a week worrying that you spent too much on your leather jacket or boots or whatever you're into, you're not putting the right amount of passion into it :D

The jacket looks like it fits great. I tend to think that shorter fitting jackets look best, though :)

pawineguy

One Too Many
All kidding aside (none of us were kidding), the jacket is a great fit to my eye and a true moto jacket like this should always fit a bit on the short side.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk