Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help!!!! Need some opinions!

BJBAmerica

A-List Customer
Looks to be a nice one, and good color too!! I have a couple of suits from Bank, and always buy my trousers from them too. I like their quailty, and think you'll be pleased.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
The combo of suit trousers and plaid gives you great flexibility. Looks great to me! Also, there are lots of vintage ties that could look cool with either outfit, but especially the jacket/slacks combo.
In fact, I just ordered it.

Kevin Popejoy

One of the Regulars
Wow, thanks for the heads up. I just nabbed a sweet looking grey 6/2 DB with peaked lapels for $99. Very cool. It's amazing some the deals you can get this time of year.

Kevin

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
NOT HAPPY!!!

I ordered the dark brown suit with the extra plaid pants, they sent me a plaid suit with extra dark brown pants. I'm not happy.

Jerekson

One Too Many
Oh, that sucks!!!

Contact them immediately and I'm sure they'll correct the problem.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Update

I did, and they said that would, but I think I figured out what happened. The picture in the ad shows a brown suit with an extra pair of plaid trousers. They must have both styles available, brown with plaid, and plaid with brown. Of course the brown with plaid, which is much nicer, sold out, leaving a lot of unwanted plaid with browns. The ad shows "BROWN CK" for the only color available. So while not intending to be deceptive, it was. So we'll see if they give me the other suit. Stay tuned. BTW, it's a nice suit, fits pretty well, tho I need the waist let out a little. (Gotta shed those pounds!) It has suspender buttons, too. But the plaid looks a lot better as slacks than as a suit.
Live and learn. [huh]

Duck

Practically Family
Plaid suit!!! shutter - shutter :eek:
That is terrible!! Please keep us posted on the outcome.

Mark from Plano

One of the Regulars
Yeah. I'm something of a JAB fan, but only in the higher lines (Signature, Sig Gold). I've bought some of their lower level lines in the past and have always regretted it after a while. Lower quality, poor fit, etc. The Sig & Sig Golds look much better and fit well. Lower ones don't.

JMO. YMMV.

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
Result

Well, I am one hot, sweaty, tired and bedraggled little boy. Here's the bottom line: Though not intentional, the ad is deceptive. The suit you get is the version that DIDN'T sell, i.e. the plaid suit with brown pants. The one in the ad is brown suit with plaid pants. I took it to the Manhattan store, and they pulled out the suit I really wanted. Guess what? It's not on clearance. And also guess what? The suit at the store has plaid pants that are NICER than the material in the plaid suit combo. Much nicer wool. They wouldn't give me the other suit so I just returned the one I had for a full refund. So I'm out the shipping cost. (If I were a better consumer advocate I would have made a fuss over the shipping cost, but the hell with it.) The suit I really wanted had a sale price of $299 or $295, A very good price but I wasn't interested.
So I got my money back. They were very nice about it. But then I went down stairs and they had a sale on linen trousers, two for the price of one ($79). So I got two very nice pairs of linen trousers, which, given New York's 187 degree temperature at the moment, I can really use. Caveat Emptor Linius! (I don't speak Latin, but I figure that must be approximately "Online Buyer Beware!")
I then went to the Oyster Bar at Grand Central Terminal and had a gin and tonic, which made everything seem much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leatherpatch