Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help steer me with 1940s pants? (Reproductions or approximations)

Cocker

Practically Family
Another option is Aero's CC41 trousers. Those are simply gorgeous - the tweeds might be too heavy for you, but the cotton drills will be superb. Made to a CC41 wartime pattern, but - copying the original pair they used for patterning - they have cuffs. (Cuffs were theoretically banned in Britain in wartime in order to save cloth, but it was not unknown for a compliant tailor to be persuaded to put an incorrect inside leg measurement on paper so that there was enough cloth in the trews to create a cuff.)

Aaaah, forgot about those! So you mean... Let's say I order a pair in 34 length (which is the longest they offer), I'd be able to undo the cuffs and add one inch or two to the inseam?

Edward

Bartender
Aaaah, forgot about those! So you mean... Let's say I order a pair in 34 length (which is the longest they offer), I'd be able to undo the cuffs and add one inch or two to the inseam?

In theory, I think so, but as ever best to drop Holly a line and double check first.

Cocker

Practically Family
In theory, I think so, but as ever best to drop Holly a line and double check first.

Interesting, very interesting! I never considered their trousers because of inseam length that would be too short for me. Now that may open a whole new perspective! Thanks for the tips, Edward!

Zeltbahn

One of the Regulars
Old thread but have been looking for trousers to go for a mid-to-late 1930's to 1940's look. Any new suggestions of pleated wool trousers with around 10" hem than the ones mentioned in this thread?

I already have the Scott Fraser Collection Wide Leg trousers (which are at a tailor right now, waist needs to be let out slightly). Still not sure if I will stay with them or will I try to sell them as I'm also considering other options, like the SJC Ellington grey flannels:

Anybody has these new run of Ellingtons? They look good but not sure if the leg opening is starting to be almost too wide.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk