Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help! Sweatband coming out

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
I have an old Brooks Brothers thats in great shape except the sweatband stitching is rotted and falling out. The leather is old and a bit stiff but not torn or cracked, Just all the thread is unraveling that holds this sweat on and together. I've taken this hat to several local sewing shops and nobody wants to touch it. Is there anyone who does this or do I need to replace the sweat all together? If so where can I find a sweatband replacement and where can I get one sewn in? Or, any advise as how an amatuer at sewing, like myself can do it myself.

Send to Major Mike Moore at Buckaroo Hatters for a nice new sweatband. Totally worth it, IMHO. If the sweat is stiff, it is just a matter of time before it goes totally bad.
S. Beagles said:
I have an old Brooks Brothers thats in great shape except the sweatband stitching is rotted and falling out. The leather is old and a bit stiff but not torn or cracked, Just all the thread is unraveling that holds this sweat on and together. I've taken this hat to several local sewing shops and nobody wants to touch it. Is there anyone who does this or do I need to replace the sweat all together? If so where can I find a sweatband replacement and where can I get one sewn in? Or, any advise as how an amatuer at sewing, like myself can do it myself.

S. Beagles

Familiar Face
Thanks for the advise. I found the web site to Buckaroo hats and sent an email to them. I wonder if they can do ribbon replacements as well. Just figured a new sweat and ribbon would make this like new again. Maybe this old hat would go another 60 or 70 years.

S. Beagles said:
Thanks for the advise. I found the web site to Buckaroo hats and sent an email to them. I wonder if they can do ribbon replacements as well. Just figured a new sweat and ribbon would make this like new again. Maybe this old hat would go another 60 or 70 years.
They sure can. They did a ribbon replacement & a edge binding on a Stetson Pinnacle for me a while back. Major Mike will take care of you, for sure.

jwalls

Vendor
I have seen some of the Major's work and found it first rate. I noticed you are from Trenton, I use to play a couple of chicken wire clubs in the area years back.:eusa_doh: :eusa_doh: :eusa_doh:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24