Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help to choose a A-2 horsehide jacket

Brettafett

One Too Many
If you are not too concerned about super authenticity and accurate details...
Another option is AVI LTHR - www.avileather.com/shop/
I have had a few of their Bronco A-2s over the last couple of years, the last version is one of my go-too jackets, I love it. Not 'uber' accurate when comparing details to an original WW2 Bronco A-2, but a great all rounder. They were the first guys too try and replicate a budget repro Bronco contract (everyone else from Pakistan to Timbuktu copied their patterns).
Have the G-1 also, that gets a lot of wear.
Also Five Star Leather - www.ebay.co.uk/str/Fivestar-Leather?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Check their Doniger A-2, not bad reviews on the VLJ forum. Goatskin would be more authentic for this contract, although they offer it in horsehide and will do all sorts of customisations. Cheap as chips.

RockSolid

One of the Regulars
I had a LWs Dubow. Nice enough jacket, robust and solid. I liked the colour of the horsehide. However, this jacket is not in the same league as BK or Platon's Dubows. Leather was heavy and thick, and lacked bit of character.
Worth a look maybe, but unless you can snag one really cheap, why? When you can get a JaDubow for 450 Euros new, on par with any GW, ELC or other high end A-2!

For now i found a few dubow/lostworlds for 200/250e, one at 200 look very nice but the elastic piece (rib?) at the bottom will need to be replaced, i don't think that is a big deal
The advantage of buying used is the bigger choice, and i find used jackets more "authentic", maybe i'm a weirdo?
But i don't mind buying new, especially at such a "low" price, if i can't find anything i'll go for new

If you are not too concerned about super authenticity and accurate details...
Another option is AVI LTHR - www.avileather.com/shop/
I have had a few of their Bronco A-2s over the last couple of years, the last version is one of my go-too jackets, I love it. Not 'uber' accurate when comparing details to an original WW2 Bronco A-2, but a great all rounder. They were the first guys too try and replicate a budget repro Bronco contract (everyone else from Pakistan to Timbuktu copied their patterns).
Have the G-1 also, that gets a lot of wear.
Also Five Star Leather - www.ebay.co.uk/str/Fivestar-Leather?_trksid=p2047675.l2563
Check their Doniger A-2, not bad reviews on the VLJ forum. Goatskin would be more authentic for this contract, although they offer it in horsehide and will do all sorts of customisations. Cheap as chips.

Since i'm not an expert i don't mind a "not perfectly accurate" jacket, i probably could not see the difference anyway

These AVI LTHR are nice but made of goatskin, i like goatskin but not on the A2 style, the finish is too "grainy" to my taste
But i love it on the G1 style, i own one like that but it is a Schott and made of cowhide with a goatskin finish, so i might be interested in buying a G1 later from AVI LTHR
Thanks for that

I've seen this beauty for 320e, it is a aeroleather, sadly it is too small, i like it, very nice color, also i like the finish a lot
It appears to be russet brown which is also offered by dubow, very nice

Yoshitaka-Amano-Final-Fantasy-VIII-8-ez.jpg
ezezeze.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mythic