Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with dating and identifying a jacket

Raul

One of the Regulars
Hi, anyone can help in dating and identifying this jacket? No label inside (maybe lost) only the care label remains that indicates as manufacturer Tripp NYC, a brand unknown to me and surely not high quality, brass scovill zippers and buttons. Maybe from the 70s?
Do you think it's horsehide or steerhide?
Thanks
kxQYTCW.jpg
mCqoC7a.jpg

UQtgSIW.jpg

EPIPUM7.jpg

RrIr6SN.jpg

Gqb97UD.jpg

CmujlCx.jpg

5i0Lnmv.jpg

Raul

One of the Regulars
thank you Marc I didn't see that thread, but if it could be identified as a Lesco or Branded, why the Tripp label?
Horse or steer?

Last edited:

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
I think the squared-off tips on the epaulets look Lesco-ish, but the rest of the jacket is different enough from the Lescos that I've seen that I wouldn't be confident identifying it as such.

I've never heard of Tripp before, but maybe Tripp is Tripp? It might just be a lesser known brand, rather than a maker who produced jackets that other brands put their labels on.

Raul

One of the Regulars
I agree that it is a bit different, most Lesco had one more diagonal pocket on left breast.
From the zippers is it possible to approximately date it?

I love that jacket. I'm not a fan of CHP's for some reason but this looks great. Was going back and forth whether to just buy it... Dunno what it is. Honestly, don't care. It's clearly quality. Maybe San Jose?

hughesovka

One of the Regulars
Tripp NYC was or maybe still is an old punk clothing store/brand in the East Village. Used to have some extremely tight cigarette pants from there when I was a high school punk rocker

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twiceadaysana