Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Help with strange phone calls

PastimeSteve

One of the Regulars
Big Man said:
This is pure "B.S." from the phone company. Tell them you are receiving harassing phone calls, and that if they "can't" give you the information then you will be looking for a new service provider. After that, you should get the information you need.

I agree with Big Man. That's B.S. I'd keep going up the ladder at Verizon until you get assistance. This could be serious, and even if it's not, it's significantly annoying for you and your family.

Steve

Girl Friday

Practically Family
What a pain, so sorry, especially the early morning or late night stuff, I always think it is an emergency. I think the changing the ring tone idea is a good one, and if the number is consistent, set that one to no ring maybe...

My cell number is the exact number for a Baptist church with a different area code, it is actually printed in several places with my area code (I think actually on the sign in front of the church!?), so I am always getting phone calls, it used to kind of bug me but I have gotten used to it, so now I politely tell the caller to use the other area code.

Good luck!

GoldLeaf

A-List Customer
BigMan, thanks! My hubby said that the guy sounded inexperienced, perhaps we will call again. Thank you!

Girl Friday said:
.... set that one to no ring maybe...

Oh, wow! Duh! Why didn't I think of that? It is the same number every time, great idea! Thanks!!!!

As for the calls you get for the church, I used to get similar calls. Some company in Florida had the same number I did in college, but with a different area code. The area code in Florida was the same as the 3 numbers before the hyphen of my number. So if they lived in the same area code that I did, they would call me because they didn't dial 1 first. They didn't realize that the call connected after 7 numbers instead of all 10.

I hated answering the phone to the terrible fax sounds at 2 am! People were always asking me where their mattress was and yelling that I provided terrible customer service! lol And they usually were very elderly, so they had a hard time understanding that they needed to dial 1. What a big difference forgetting to dial "1" can make! lol

Twitch

My Mail is Forwarded Here
I had some friends who were on vacation in like Vermont and his cell on his belt somehow got moved to dial 911. The highway patrol caught up with him and alerted him of the mis-dial.

My wife's old phone didn't fold and when I'd use it it would dial a one digit speed dial in the memory when it was in my pocket all the time.:(

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
eve_grace