Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Henry the Hatter in Detroit

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
As a fellow hatter , I can vouch for Henry the Hatter as being one of the best in the business. They have been in business for a long time and carry a great selection of hats for men . They specialize in Borsalino , Biltmore and many other brands.

Steven
www.bencrafthats.com

S

Samsa

All of my modern production hats have been purchased from Henry the Hatter (the Southfield location). I have had nothing but positive experiences buying from that location. They are not interested in forcing you into an expensive hat that doesn't look good on you, but will try to fit you with the hat that's best for you. Moreover, they are very frank about the quality (and sometimes lack thereof) of modern production hats.

In other words - buy from them!

mingoslim

Practically Family
Didn't make a purchase, but . . .

I visited one of their stores in Hamtramack (?) when I was in Detroit last spring . . . Nice folks, who knew there stuff . . . and some nice hats to boot.

nwiniewicz

New in Town
I too have purchased a few hats from the Southfield store. Good experience. Not pushy, and they don't mind letting you try on as many as you like so as to find the one that suits you best.

Another bonus...their Cellini line (which as far as I can tell is exclusive to them) is made by Biltmore. My last purchase from them was a nice dress black Cellini fedora. Seems to be a decent hat so far but haven't worn it out in a storm.

I do wish there was a way to find out their sale prices easier. Not posted online, and you really have to ask model by model at the store.

ronin

New in Town
nwiniewicz said:
I too have purchased a few hats from the Southfield store. Good experience. Not pushy, and they don't mind letting you try on as many as you like so as to find the one that suits you best.

Another bonus...their Cellini line (which as far as I can tell is exclusive to them) is made by Biltmore. My last purchase from them was a nice dress black Cellini fedora. Seems to be a decent hat so far but haven't worn it out in a storm.

I do wish there was a way to find out their sale prices easier. Not posted online, and you really have to ask model by model at the store.

I seem to recall a pretty good display of hats in the window of their downtown Detroit store. It's been a couple years since I stopped there, but you can browse prices just by standing outside. A very nice old-school retail haberdashery, for those of you who find themselves enjoying a nice spring day in downtown Detroit. But do not linger past dark.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran