Hercules Leather Company (UK) jackets

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Hobbes1, Mar 7, 2020.

1. Hobbes1

Hobbes1 One of the Regulars

Hello. I'm looking for anyone who has one or more of these jackets. How have they been holding up? Any pictures of them as they break in? Would you recommend them? Thanks in advance!
    Cheers!

2. jacketjunkie

jacketjunkie One Too Many

I got one, the Admiral Byrd. Very practical well-designed jacket. Very decent leather quality for what you pay, especially compared to other -250€ jackets. Haven't worn mine enough to show wear but that's due to the fact I own many jackets.

jonesy86 likes this.
  3. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

I’ve reached out to them recently to initiate an order and recieved no response.

4. ton312

ton312

jonesy86 likes this.
  5. rocki

rocki New in Town

Following, if they’re still around I like their racer and sport jacket, made to measurements would be a huge bonus

6. Hobbes1

7. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

Rather new company guys probably just start up kinks

8. rocki

rocki New in Town

Completely agree

9. Hobbes1

I agree as well. The owner was posting here last year....

10. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

If the kink is not responding to people asking if they can give you money it’s a pretty big kink.

11. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

I agree but I'd rather have that than take your money and excuses.

Bfd70 and JMax like this.
  12. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

Tony the owner seemed like a pretty decent guy and the handful of jackets he’s delivered to members here seemed great value for money. I’ve had communications with him and he’s been a professional and nice guy.

He’s probably super busy with the challenges of operating a company from UK that manufactures in Thailand.
    Give him the benefit of the doubt at least before disparaging (I’m not implying you did, but can be read that way).

13. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Agree.
    Not disparaging. Just saying it’s not a good sign.

SinSir likes this.
  14. SinSir

SinSir A-List Customer

Brief yes, but the intention wasn't meant disparaging at all. Startups can be tough.

Fonzie likes this.
  15. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

There is no excuse to ignore customer's email unless they also have 4 plus years waiting time.

16. jonesy86

jonesy86 My Mail is Forwarded Here

I like the look of the 1930s Sport Jacket and have left a message with Tony about making me one in russet with a little bigger P to P, shoulder, and sleeve length, in addition to an added inside pocket. Will see what happens.

17. Fonzie

Fonzie One Too Many

You should say “potential customers” because he hasn’t taken any deposit from anyone that he hasn’t replied emails to, no transaction of money means no wrong doing.
    And yes, there could be a million of excuses why he isn’t answering, you just don’t know, so don’t go making your uninformed ones and spreading negativity.
    He isn’t Goodwear nor Temple of Jawnz for that matter, at least just yet. Give the guy a break.

Hh121 and Mil like this.
  18. Hh121

Hh121 Call Me a Cab

I was joking, but you are right.

Fonzie likes this.
  19. HerculesLeatherCo

HerculesLeatherCo Vendor

Hey Bfd70,

Really sorry to hear that. i don't have any unanswered enquiries so can i ask how you contacted us? I respond to every message personally so I'm very concerned if messages aren't getting through.

We are still very much in business. I had to put the brakes on a little bit with regard to expanding our jacket range as there were a few issues which needed ironing out but we are getting there and still pushing forward.

I will be adding the new model 'Northeastern' jacket to our website in the next week or so and already have a another couple of designs which should follow shortly after. I will preview them with you guys on here soon

All the best

Tony
    Hercules Leather Co

Last edited: Mar 8, 2020
  20. Bfd70

Bfd70 Call Me a Cab

Glad to hear. I used the “contact us” tab on your website twice last month.
    I never received a reply.