Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Here's a question: which leather jacket brands only have labels in liners

Bluechel

Practically Family
Pretty big kidney pad area, sellers says this Medium jacket weighs eleven pounds. Fun, isn't it? Just bought a Lesco yesterday btw and didn't think there was much similarity in process to this one.

Bahabp100

Practically Family
I have a jacket I'm trying to buy online and the liner is out so the seller says she has no idea what brand it is. I've asked about the zipper, buttons etc...This is a cross zip and I am really curious. This used to happen with Schott, any others? High-quality leather.
Schott zip in lining with label
A8808D6B-12F7-499A-A9C4-FA12EE0D222B.jpeg
AED6DBF7-3B42-453E-A66F-275D2EC69BBE.jpeg
In the nylon sewn in lining
A8808D6B-12F7-499A-A9C4-FA12EE0D222B.jpeg
AED6DBF7-3B42-453E-A66F-275D2EC69BBE.jpeg
CC922B9A-A3C9-4FF7-9EE2-8CF3D0399261.jpeg
4CE25F8D-E118-412A-8DAB-48013BB6EEB4.jpeg
644A72C1-27FE-4089-A281-768287405A2C.jpeg

Bluechel

Practically Family
Okay! Bought it out of unbearable curiosity and it DOES weigh eleven pounds! A medium jacket, almost certainly made in USA (at least the buckle) and it's heavier than ANY of my size 52s! Man, I don't know who made this but the leather is absolutely pliable while remaining BEASTLY. Thoughts now with these pics?

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Branded is what I'm thinking, though I'm not 100% sure. It seems to be a less common style. All their jackets have large kidney panels, but most have a curve and two belt loops. Does the stitching on your jacket match the belt stitching on the back here?

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

Will Zach

I'll Lock Up
Okay! Bought it out of unbearable curiosity and it DOES weigh eleven pounds! A medium jacket, almost certainly made in USA (at least the buckle) and it's heavier than ANY of my size 52s! Man, I don't know who made this but the leather is absolutely pliable while remaining BEASTLY. Thoughts now with these pics?
11 lbs in Medium - that might be a TFL record! Hopefully some guys who are into heavy jackets will weigh in (no pun intended).

Bluechel

Practically Family
No the stitching is plainer and the real style difference is over the coin pocket, where you can see a higher stitch line. I am amazed at how thick the leather is an the bulk, while it is still soft and "rolling" to the touch. Weird.

Bluechel

Practically Family
FYI I've had other sellers try and hide a Milwaukee Leathers jacket by taking out the lining, but the cheesy orange welt remains.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Good gosh I think you SOLVED it! Slight differences (and doesn't weight anywhere near as much due to size I think) but I'm convinced you're right. BTW, as I've stared at it for a few days, I realize two things: it's at least a Large, not a medium and the sleeves are long! Incredible leather, really nice and heavy.

Kubatu

A-List Customer
Thanks for that!

Nice! @Coriu was the one who first linked it in the finds and deals thread.

Natal / Natel and Kerr Leather are two underrated brands I can think of that consistently have heavyweight jackets. Very thick hide. Some Walter Dyer jackets are similar as well.

Bluechel

Practically Family
Agreed, I have personally favored both of those as I prefer that weight and feel. Wonder why they can't be consistent with the company name spelling?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner