Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

here's for you WEEGEE

WEEGEE

Practically Family
Woke with that hat in my head this morning

Art you sez
pazazzz...
Yeah!!!

That hat looks like something for a character out of a Damon Runyon story!!!

jeboat

NICELY-NICELY:
I laughed at those passengers to Heaven
Ah, ah, ah, ah!
A great big wave came and washed me overboard,
And as I sank, and I hollered,
"Someone save me,"
That's the moment I woke up, thank the Lord!
ENSEMBLE:
Thank the Lord, thank the Lord!
NICELY-NICELY:
And I said to myself, "Sit down"
ENSEMBLE:
Said to himself, "Sit down, sit down"
NICELY-NICELY:
"Sit down you're rocking the boat."
Said to myself, "Sit down"
ENSEMBLE:
Said to himself, "Sit down"
NICELY-NICELY:
"Sit down you're rocking the boat

Its the Top Hat of the Streets!!!

photobyalan
That color is PERFECT for Weegee.

Thanks Alan

Art Fawcett

Sponsoring Affiliate
Now THATS scary

when you dream with a hat on!!! lol lol lol .. I believe I made this up in a 7 1/4 Weegee and Adam so it won't work for either of you BUT I have two more felts this color in stock so the size can be remedied. Since they are the staple bodies ( rabbit) they will go for $185 plus shipping. If you want the new box with it I have to add for that also but we can talk about that privately.
Thanks for all the kind comments gents & ladies..I'm playing with ribbon work as you can see and having fun with it. I'm sure that I'm not "inventing" anything here as almost everything has been done before in hats and fashion but it is fun bringing things back from the past for rebirth.

SHARPETOYS

Call Me a Cab
Always A Touch Of Class!

Art wrote,

I'm sure that I'm not "inventing" anything here as almost everything has been done before in hats and fashion but it is fun bringing things back from the past for rebirth.

This is what I love about Art Fawcett he is such a honest and humble man.

I know on the web one hatter he likes to pretend he invented hat making and if you buy from anyone but him you just bought crap and as far as getting a price its what he thinks you are dumb enough to pay...

We are so lucky to have Art Fawcett here at The Fedora Lounge.:eusa_clap

Magus

Practically Family
Art Fawcett said:
Thanks for all the kind comments gents & ladies..I'm playing with ribbon work as you can see and having fun with it. I'm sure that I'm not "inventing" anything here as almost everything has been done before in hats and fashion but it is fun bringing things back from the past for rebirth.

Art. This is a sweet hat....I don't think I could pull off that color...BUT I do have a ribbon suggestion...maybe something like is on ths Stetson of mine...with the offset color in the middle somehow. Or maybe just solid...And yes I admit that this is my favorite ribbon design.

M

Black%20Stetson.jpg

WEEGEE

Practically Family
LAS VEGAS SEPTEMBERS END

I'LL be wearing this "Tina" in Vegas for a friends "Rat Pack" pre wedding

3 days of entertainment (music), drink and black jack end of September.

tina-louise-hat.jpg

Nice work Art...Thank You

shoeshineboy

Practically Family
WEEGEE said:
I'LL be wearing this "Tina" in Vegas for a friends "Rat Pack" pre wedding

3 days of entertainment (music), drink and black jack end of September.

tina-louise-hat.jpg

Nice work Art...Thank You

nice......:eek: .....she would look in a hat too...

Wild Root

Gone Home
Magus said:
Art. This is a sweet hat....I don't think I could pull off that color...BUT I do have a ribbon suggestion...maybe something like is on ths Stetson of mine...with the offset color in the middle somehow. Or maybe just solid...And yes I admit that this is my favorite ribbon design.

M

Black%20Stetson.jpg

That's a 30's hat!!! OH MY HOW SWELL!!!

Art, that hat you came up with looks cool... in fact, it looks a lot like my original early 30's Stetson I showed you once... If you made that hat in say a very light gray or silver/white with a black ribbon... you'd have a serious late 20's early 30's hat! If you use that pleated ribbon design, it would be so 1933!
I may even buy one if you could make the brim about 3" wide, you'd have the perfect 1930's model! The crown has that reverse taper to it... looks nice and tall the ribbon is just about right. You could market as the "Nick Charles" model!

=WR=

Visigoth

A-List Customer
Great hat, Art! But then, I'm a partisan of the stingy brim, of course. Magus has nailed it: that hat *requires* a pleated ribbon. Put in one extra pleat, just to indicate quality (much the way Badhatter advertises 30,000x beaver...)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points