Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Heroes Jacket

Edward

Bartender
I need that Ruskin label in a jacket. Would be perfect in a premier HWM, CXL Midnight, top of sleeve zips, silver hardware, royal blue cotton drill liner. I wonder if this would be possible?

I wasabout to repsond to this with the suspicion that it's unlikely, but I see Holly has already confirmed. As I understand it, the revivived Ruskin label is going to stand completely alone as a separate brand, covering a later period of design than Aero, so it wouldn't make commercial sense to blend the two.

Anyway, I can’t wait to order a Heroes jacket in my size. Not sure about the dimensions, sleeve size, shoulders etc. according to the male model it looks pretty straightforward.

From what I recall of the 90s when late sixties and early 70s leathers of this sort of style were more available on the vintage market we could afford as students, this sort of thing generally fitted a bit like an A2 (which, of course, you can see in its design-geneology).

I wasabout to repsond to this with the suspicion that it's unlikely, but I see Holly has already confirmed. As I understand it, the revivived Ruskin label is going to stand completely alone as a separate brand, covering a later period of design than Aero, so it wouldn't make commercial sense to blend the two.

From what I recall of the 90s when late sixties and early 70s leathers of this sort of style were more available on the vintage market we could afford as students, this sort of thing generally fitted a bit like an A2 (which, of course, you can see in its design-geneology).
Yeah bit of a bummer as the premier HWM looks straight out of 1973 to me. Of course that’s why I like it and I’d love that Nubian princess hanging off the back of my neck...but I also understand the desire to keep the two label tracks unique. Either way I really look forward to what else will be offered as I don’t do knit bits.

Edward

Bartender
Yeah bit of a bummer as the premier HWM looks straight out of 1973 to me. Of course that’s why I like it and I’d love that Nubian princess hanging off the back of my neck...but I also understand the desire to keep the two label tracks unique. Either way I really look forward to what else will be offered as I don’t do knit bits.

Interesting comment on the Premier Highwayman. The deisgn inspiration behind that one was the number of people who wanted a jacket with the clean ines of a HWM but much slimmer fit. Some opted for what became recognised Aero models in their own right as the cafe racer types with a HWM collar. The Premier HM, though, was Ken's idea of what the HWM would be like if it had been made in the thirties. I can see were you get the idea of seventie,s asso much of seventies design was taking designs that had beenaround a while, and donig some thing "new" by taking inspiration from the thirties. Similar concept, in a way.

The more Sixties vibe stuff doesn't really work on my frame, but I can imagine reproducing aj acket like Jim Morrison's trademark brown leather (with or without the tews to go with it!) would be interesting.

Interesting comment on the Premier Highwayman. The deisgn inspiration behind that one was the number of people who wanted a jacket with the clean ines of a HWM but much slimmer fit. Some opted for what became recognised Aero models in their own right as the cafe racer types with a HWM collar. The Premier HM, though, was Ken's idea of what the HWM would be like if it had been made in the thirties. I can see were you get the idea of seventie,s asso much of seventies design was taking designs that had beenaround a while, and donig some thing "new" by taking inspiration from the thirties. Similar concept, in a way.

The more Sixties vibe stuff doesn't really work on my frame, but I can imagine reproducing aj acket like Jim Morrison's trademark brown leather (with or without the tews to go with it!) would be interesting.
The premier HWM reminds me of this white label Vanson! Pure 70’s and something I’d love recreated. Ditch the collar snaps and let that beautiful collar lay out in all its glory.
5AE490CE-B8A9-4BCE-B6BA-95D61A0C5269.jpeg

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Following on from this jacket, as my dad made the original that Bowie wore, we're starting work on resurrecting his old label Ruskin.
What a cool idea! I look forward to seeing what you guys have to offer because there aren’t many people offering jackets from this era. Especially not people who were actually there making them at the time.
Really cool to see the photos of your dad working on the new patterns, and also to see the two photos of you wearing them. You look like you could’ve stepped right off the set of one of the early James Bond films!

The premier HWM reminds me of this white label Vanson! Pure 70’s and something I’d love recreated. Ditch the collar snaps and let that beautiful collar lay out in all its glory.
View attachment 167153

I can't believe Vanson ever made something like that. As much as I love them, nothing and literally nothing else they have is and was as cool as this jacket. This should've been their flagship product.

regius

I really like this Bowie jacket! And $750 is a decent price.

I have a feeling this Heroes is a somewhat modernized pattern, looking at the shoulder & forearm. Maybe it’s just that Bowie was so thin, the Heroes photos & Sense if Doubt video shows a very slim jacket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edward

Bartender
Kensington Market-For the rest of your ensemble-Gone now sadly.
https://punkgirldiaries.com/2018/06/21/punk-places-4-kensington-market/

Ah, yes. I remember hearing of it back in the day; when Dee Dee Ramone lived in London in 89/90 after quitting the Ramones to concentrate on getting off heroin, it's where he hung out and bought all his clothes. It was one of those golden, legendary places (like Camden Market, God rest its soul) that I was so keen to visit when I first moved to London. I adored KM, but it was gone within a year of me first getting there. A tragedy.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
Ah, yes. I remember hearing of it back in the day; when Dee Dee Ramone lived in London in 89/90 after quitting the Ramones to concentrate on getting off heroin, it's where he hung out and bought all his clothes. It was one of those golden, legendary places (like Camden Market, God rest its soul) that I was so keen to visit when I first moved to London. I adored KM, but it was gone within a year of me first getting there. A tragedy.
I loved the place.I was in bedsit-land quite close by in 1976-77(£15 a week......sigh!)Punk Rock,Rocky Horror on stage in the Kings Road and the Nashville-Great times.

Edward

Bartender
I loved the place.I was in bedsit-land quite close by in 1976-77(£15 a week......sigh!)Punk Rock,Rocky Horror on stage in the Kings Road and the Nashville-Great times.

You saw Rocky in the King's Road? That must have been something. I'd love to go back in time and get an experience of what the show was like before much of the later fan culture existed.

breezer

Practically Family
growing up in the Glasgow suburbs in the mid 80's, I had a pal who had moved to our school from fashionable north London.....every summer we would take the bus down to London and stay with his old friends - we would haunt Camden and Kensington markets looking for vinyl and assorted punk rock artefacts, great times.

Peter Bowden

Practically Family
You saw Rocky in the King's Road? That must have been something. I'd love to go back in time and get an experience of what the show was like before much of the later fan culture existed.
I have only ever seen and participated in Rocky Horror at the cinema.I remember friends going to the Kings Road Theatre and describing it...I was a bit too Brad-like to go........

regius

I want to touch base here with Holly to see if the Heroes jacket will be offered again?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy