Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey guys could use some help! :)

strokes1251

Practically Family
How should I (Or can I?) go about repairing this tear? Could it be a simple needle and pin job or should I take in to the local tailor shop? Or can some nice strong gorilla glue work? Ive heard people fixing up jackets using glue and just wanted to know your opinions thanks! :) If its helps its an M445 or I believe how Lost worlds has it "The ANJ-4 flight jacket" and no is not a lost worlds model. Thanks in advance!

1zc269h.jpg

DiverAdam

Familiar Face
If its truly worth saving take it to a local tailor and talk to them about it. In my experience the glue jobs don't look great and also don't hold up well, especially in a high stress area like the shoulder

Sillyrib

Familiar Face
looks like the football shaped area that goes through the under arm. I'd have them replace that piece with a similar shade piece. unfortunately this looks like sheep so i dont know what they would do about the lining there

Hammer Down

One of the Regulars
This is the major downside of buying ancient leather jackets. They look cool, but require maintenance, which can, at times, exceed their coolness. Same thing with "naked" old motorcycles. . . . Great for mods, but a pain in the neck with rebuilds

strokes1251

Practically Family
Yes I heard that! But hopefully it pays off in the end :) I just came back from the tailor and he said it would be easier to replace the rip by finding spare sheepskin and then take it to get it glued in. He didn't have any in stock so I'm going to try ebay or maybe the other place they fixed an old lewis leather of mine that has tons of different leathers in stock.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner