Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Hey, what about the feather?

Artguy

New in Town
You've got to have a feather in a Tando...

Zoot.jpg

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Feathers are sort of like a tie, in most cases.

They may look great, and when they do, when they are in good taste, they can really add a spot of color to a man's wardrobe, which, of course, is what they were intended to do.

My favorite feather is in a Open Road that I have worn on several mission trips to Honduras. It's a rather long, thin, curled feather from a chicken that hung out in the yard at the house where we stayed.

I've kept it in the OR band for several years, more as a memento than anything.

We have a lot of pheasant hunting around here, and guys sometimes use some of those feathers.

I would agree with the general sentiment that any feathers used should be ones that are from a "safe" source, not preying on wild birds, that sort of thing.

Edw8ri

Familiar Face
I don't have any feathers. But there are some hats with a small feather that look really good. So lately, I have been paying a lot of attention to feathers to try to get a feel for when they work and when they don't.

SteveAS

Practically Family
I'm 42 and have no problem embracing my age, but feathers seem very old-man-ish to me, so I always wear a fedora without a feather.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy